cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playon having issues with slow download speed?

spydermike
Sophomore

Re: Playon having issues with slow download speed?

@maratsade wrote:

"No comparison with your statement.  Everyone's experience with POC is different, varied."

Wow.  Okay.  Hmmm.   

Hey, one could pretty much replace "POC" in that statement above with just about anything and you would hit it out of the support forum park pretty much every time.  

"Yes. Mileage. Varies. "

Your point in posting this helpful hint on my thread documenting our woes is...somehow...lost on me.  Thanks for trying though.  

spydermike
Sophomore

@GabeU wrote:

@spydermike 

Since you ultimately ended up having success with it, I would continue to use the computer for the downloading and use the phone only for setting up the recordings.  

I hope you have better luck going forward. 

Thanks, but the PC defeats the purpose of me having Playon.  The desktop version doesn't work well with Amazon Priime due to latency.  The cloud version, so far, doesn't download relaliably using their scheduled download.  We want to download at bonus zone so as not to have the poor internet service we are experiencing impact us even further.  I need to troubleshoot the phone download issue as try to understand what is happening.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@spydermike wrote:

@GabeU wrote:

@spydermike 

Since you ultimately ended up having success with it, I would continue to use the computer for the downloading and use the phone only for setting up the recordings.  

I hope you have better luck going forward. 

Thanks, but the PC defeats the purpose of me having Playon.  The desktop version doesn't work well with Amazon Priime due to latency.  The cloud version, so far, doesn't download relaliably using their scheduled download.  We want to download at bonus zone so as not to have the poor internet service we are experiencing impact us even further.  I need to troubleshoot the phone download issue as try to understand what is happening.

Sorry.  I sometimes forget that many people don't have the ability to be up late enough to download things during the Bonus Zone.  And even if they could, it's still a pain to have to do so.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
spydermike
Sophomore

No worries. 

I am not ruling out that the issue with downloading to the phone is mine to resolve lcoally...I am looking to Playon support for some insight, but they haven't been responsive lately.  I need to investigate further on my end.  I am trying other shows/episodes tonight and each night until...I come to a conclusion.

I really think Playon seems like a viable soution for buffer free streaming if I can get it to reliably download during Bonus Zone.  It makes up for one of the biggest deficiencies of our internet service provider.  It is a shame that they can't help out with work arounds like this.

GabeU

@spydermike 

@maratsade 

Hey, check this out.  Just found it.  I had no idea they had it!  

https://www.playon.tv/cloud/app/downloader

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
spydermike
Sophomore

Now that is very helpful!  Thank you - downloading it now.  I wonder why the Playon support didn't mention this?

GabeU

@spydermike wrote:

Now that is very helpful!  Thank you - downloading it now.  I wonder why the Playon support didn't mention this?

Good question.  I've never seen it on their website before either.  It was only when I went to download a movie on the full list page that I happened to see a note about it.  

Capture.PNG

I downloaded it and installed it, but I don't have anything right now to try it with.  It's a little tricky to figure out because it doesn't let you choose which particular items to download, so I'm wondering if it downloads only those items that are recorded after it was installed and linked to your account.

If you do end up using it please do let us know how well it works.

GabeU

@spydermike 

Be careful.  Just for the heck of it I set the time to start at 10PM, and it started trying to download things from a couple of days ago, and things which I had already downloaded manually, though which I have since deleted from my computer.  I'm not sure why it chose the start spot it did, as I had streamed a few different items on the day it chose (the 28th), and it started with one in the middle of that day's items (I had streamed season 5 of The Sopranos, and it started with episode 7).  When I terminated the app, Windows gave me notifications of failures of not only the one it was in the middle of downloading, but every item following that, so it had "scheduled" to download all of them from S5 - Ep7 to the end of the storage list.  

So it looks like, at least in my case, I'll have to wait a week for the seven day cloud storage library to completely purge, and only then enable the downloader.  This way it only downloads items I've streamed from that point forward.  I wish there was a way to manually delete items from the cloud storage library so I could try anew.  

Still, it was working, so that's good. 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

I've tried the downloader, but I have better results with manual downloads. I hope it works for others, though. 

@GabeU wrote:

Hey, check this out.  Just found it.  I had no idea they had it!  

https://www.playon.tv/cloud/app/downloader

spydermike
Sophomore

I will be trying the downloader tonight.  I am trying to deselect the download queue I already have (the one that doesn't seem to work).  I don't see a way to cancel scheduled downloads in the cloud phone app.  Any clues out there?