cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playon having issues with slow download speed?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Playon having issues with slow download speed?

I figured out that you can use the phone app to delete items from the seven day cloud storage library.  It's in "Recordings", then "Cloud".  The option's not there now because I deleted everything, having already downloaded all of it, but it was on the upper right.  I think it said "Manage".  

Now that I don't have to worry about it downloading things already downloaded, like it started doing last night, I'm going to find something to record and try it out.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
spydermike
Sophomore

Yes, I have kept the cloud clear once I download.  You can also select the show from the cloud list and then click the trashcan icon. 

So what I have left is four episodes in the cloud that show (in the lower right hand corner of each) a blue download indicator.  If I recall correctly, this indicates that these have been selected for downloading already.   I would like to clear the scheduled download queue, but I can not find a way.   I would like to get just one show lined up for download.

spydermike
Sophomore

This worked for me last night. All four episodes downloaded. Each episode is about an hour in SD downloaded in 3-4 minutes each. I have two longer movies scheduled for tonight.
GabeU

@spydermike wrote:
This worked for me last night. All four episodes downloaded. Each episode is about an hour in SD downloaded in 3-4 minutes each. I have two longer movies scheduled for tonight.

That's good to hear.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
spydermike
Sophomore

Two nights ago, I was able to download 5 shows totalling about 6 hours of viewing from Netflix and Amazon.  I am having to use the Cloud App on a phone to get the record the shows to the cloud, then shutting the phone off at night and turning on a dedicated laptop with the Windows Cloud Dowloading app at night before the bonus zone starts.  I keep another laptop with Playon Desktop off during the night time as well.  So far this is the combination that has worked the best for me...although I am just starting out and don't have too much data yet.

The only odd things I notice are:

1. Inconsistencies in closed captioning - some shows have it and some do not.  I need to see if there are settings for this.

2. In quite a few cases, the audio lags the video by about a second or two...kind of annoying as you can't really get into the program.  Not sure what can be done about this one.

GabeU

@spydermike 

In my experience, though I've had a couple of issues with Netflix and captions over the many months I've been using PlayOn Cloud, they've been good for the most part, and perfect over the last few.

When it comes to Amazon, however, that's a different story.  I haven't gotten much from them, but of the roughly half dozen movies I have gotten from them, only the very first had captions available.  I contacted PlayOn a couple of different times about this, they refunded me the credits, and I tried the titles again, but it was the same, so I gave up with Amazon, at least for now.  I haven't streamed anything from them in probably six months.

I don't necessarily need the captions, but I like having them there.