Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer problem...Brother MFC-240C

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Printer problem...Brother MFC-240C

@Ricky wrote:

Problem solved...... I was not choosing the right printer to print to. Hahahaha. I must have taken a stupid pill this morning. Thanks for the help guys. 

I look at everything as a learning experience and something that will help you next time.  Smiley Happy

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Ricky
Tutor

Now if I can just get the updates issue resolved.

I learned that because I had a problem logging into my computer a few months ago my windows was not activated. I could not log into my computer at all and to reset it. I guess that caused my windows to not be activated. So off to find the key. Not on the paperwork. But thanks to Belarc I believe I have it. Lets see how the updates go this time.

Wish me luck. hahahahahaha. It is always fun around here with me and this computer.

GabeU

Unfortunately, Belarc sometimes gives false keys.  If it was a name brand, pre built computer, like a Dell, HP, etc, and it came with Windows 8 or later, it may have come with an embedded product key.  If this is the case, it should automatically activate when you go online.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Ricky
Tutor

It is a Acer. Belarc was spot on this time. A check shows Windows to be activated now. Still waiting on updates results.

GabeU

Good to hear.  Hopefully everything will work with the updates.  There are probably a lot of them, and if they fail, I can point you to a post that might help, as I had a problem updating a clean install of Windows 8.1 and got help from a Microsoft tech.  There were some prerequisites that I needed, but this was with an install from W8.1 install media downloaded from Microsoft.   

Ricky
Tutor

Actually GabeU there are only 3 critical and 3 optional. Will post back when I know something. They seem to be taking there sweet time downloading. Speeds are good though.

Ricky
Tutor

Problem solved. I had a couple services that got turned off somehow or not started somehow. A chat with Microsoft fixed that issue. Updates downloaded and installed fine.

Ricky
Tutor

Nightmare.

I thought all this was solved. Not only are my updates failing but I have no programs starting up. What a mess. Attempting a re-install from my external harddrive.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Ricky, before doing that I would run a chkdsk /r on the drive first. It can take quite awhile though. I've had success with it fixing screwy problems in the past. How old is your drive?

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor