cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using cell phones over WiFi

Junior

Re: Problems using cell phones over WiFi

I used to hate texting but now that I've Moved to the middle of nowhere I've learned to love it.

Distinguished Professor IV

@alfrescowrote:

I used to hate texting but now that I've Moved to the middle of nowhere I've learned to love it.

I hadn't started until a few months ago.  I did't have a cell phone capable of it.  Smiley Tongue   Up until I got my Tracfone smartphone I had only used my cell phone for a total of about 50 minutes over a span of three years.  I haven't texted much since getting the smartphone, but I'm getting more used to it.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

You might want to think about branching out if your entire social life is tied to your ability to make cell calls over WiFi.    

Your high and mighty response to a previous poster:

Was that really necessary?  I suggest a litte more maturity when posting on this community.  

Who do you think you are? Professor.....

@HilaryBurgesswrote:

Who do you think you are? Professor.....

Someone who doesn't cotton to nonsense.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

GabeU, a month ago I specifically asked Hughes about wi-fi calling and was told by a Hughesnet employee that upgrading my service to Gen5 would be a PERFECT thing to do if I was looking for that feature.  I get that you have figured out that such is not the case, as I have as well..  But acting like a trol when folks are dissapointed in being the 7% of America that doesn't get good cell service doen't make you look wise...it makes you look like a, well, trol.

Feel free to critisize my spelling, grammer of what ever scratches your itch.  

But TRY to be nice.  I know it's hard, but try.

@eritoriwrote:

GabeU, a month ago I specifically asked Hughes about wi-fi calling and was told by a Hughesnet employee that upgrading my service to Gen5 would be a PERFECT thing to do if I was looking for that feature.  I get that you have figured out that such is not the case, as I have as well..  But acting like a trol when folks are dissapointed in being the 7% of America that doesn't get good cell service doen't make you look wise...it makes you look like a, well, trol.

Feel free to critisize my spelling, grammer of what ever scratches your itch.  

But TRY to be nice.  I know it's hard, but try.

Try looking at the context of the post, and my reply to it, instead of just assuming my reply is because someone is disappointed that something isn't working.  

New Poster

Have you ever tried to forwarding your cell phone to landline HughesNet phone? I have their internet and phone service. Wonder if it would solve the issue at home.

Junior

I'm on Gen 5 and T-Mobile. I don't think I have any problems calling on WiFi. However, some things need to change for it to work. Try changing the WiFi calling settings to prefer WiFi over the cellular network or just turn on airplane mode and turn WiFi back on. Both of these will force the phone to go through the WiFi rather than trying to use cellular.
Ryzen 7 2700/16GB RAM/X470 Motherboard/250 GB m.2 SSD/2TB HDD/4GB RX560/Windows 10 Pro