Wifi going down

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
farmerhugh
Junior

Wifi going down

Could someone tell me what the indicators are for a router going bad.  My wifi keep shutting down  suddenly and I don't think its the internet.  It seems to spring back to life when I wake up my wired desktop.  Appreciate your suggestions.  I did go into netgear and check for updates and all was fine.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda

Hey farmerhugh

That does sound odd! Before you go out and spend money, I believe we do still have some D-Link routers in stock here. I can send you a free router from our warehouse and see if that fixes your problem? Let me know!

Thanks
Amanda

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
farmerhugh
Junior

hi Amanda, Received new router last night and hooked it up this morning.  Many thanks to you and Hughes Net.    We really appreciate it!!!
Amanda

Hey there! Glad to hear it. Let us know if that helps with the wifi problem 🙂

Amanda
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

farmerhugh,

Is it the D-Link DIR-619L? 

farmerhugh
Junior

n=300 Cloud router D-Link  so far-all is good
farmerhugh
Junior

2 laptops, but only run 1 at a time.  seems the new router has solved the problem.  The people in this community are really a great help!!
GabeU

That's actually the type/category of router it is.  I'm fairly sure it's a DIR-619L, but I was just curious.  It's not that important. 
farmerhugh
Junior

Yes Gabe it is.working real good!!!
Amanda

Hi farmerhugh, 

I am so glad to hear that. We work really hard to make this community a place for customers to have an experience like yours. We hope you will stay with us and come here if you ever need anything! Happy Holidays!!

Amanda
GabeU

Glad you like it.  It's a decent router with a fairly good range.  My folks also have the same one and my stepfather can go anywhere in his two story house with his laptop. 

I've also found absolutely zero drop in speed between being directly connected and using this router.