Wireless printing with Hughesnet HT2000W

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA_87
Sophomore

Wireless printing with Hughesnet HT2000W

I am using an Amazon Fire tablet but my printer shows that it cant detect the router. I tried pushing the WPS button several times but no luck. Any suggestions???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

For the WPS method, you may need to enable WPS in the modem.  To check, go to the System Control Center, click on WiFi Settings, use admin as the password, click Advanced Setup, Wireless, then WPS.  Make sure the WPS box is checked.  If not, check it, click Apply Changes, X out of the page and try pressing the WPS button and connecting again.  

If it still doesn't work, and it won't work connecting it by way of the SSID and password, the following thread may help...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Cannot-connect-to-wireless-HP-D110-printer-with-Gen5...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU

For the WPS method, you may need to enable WPS in the modem.  To check, go to the System Control Center, click on WiFi Settings, use admin as the password, click Advanced Setup, Wireless, then WPS.  Make sure the WPS box is checked.  If not, check it, click Apply Changes, X out of the page and try pressing the WPS button and connecting again.  

If it still doesn't work, and it won't work connecting it by way of the SSID and password, the following thread may help...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Cannot-connect-to-wireless-HP-D110-printer-with-Gen5...

Okay thanks I followed the instructions in the other thread and was able to make it work thanks

annesheley
New Poster

Can your printer work otherwise? Such as, if you use your cell phone to print? (you'd have to download an app).

If it does, then you know your printer works fine, and that the problem is with either the device you're using to connect, or possibly with Hughes Net Router/Modem.

So the first steps to do, are the most obvious and simple. Is your printer and router on the same IP address? Exactly?

If they're not, they won't talk to each other, and they won't connect.

Not knowing the age of the printer, it may need some software updates. Is your router plugged in? Have you tried unplugging it from the power source (where you plug it in) And is it also unplugged from where it plugs into the router? If you've had weather incidents, this could effect the behavior of the router. Give it 5 minutes to "calm down", and plug it  back in, and see if that helps.

So if you've verified that the printer and SSID are both on the same IP address, AND the printer and Network Configuration

are both on the same WiFi (like both on WiFi Direct OR just WiFi), and all of that is copacentic, then start with updates you might need on your printer.

But I wouild say that regardless of WHAT the reason is, they just are not communicating with each other.

're 

GabeU

@annesheley

The person already got it working, as is indicated in their first reply.