Xbox Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bodaves17
Freshman

Xbox Issues

First off, I am aware that HughesNet is not "recommended" for playing online Xbox games, so no need to say that.  I am aware of the lag and everything that comes along with it.  However, I choose to deal with it so that I can still play games with my friends.  

Anyways, here's my issue.  Regardless of the latecy, speed, etc., the issue I want to address is that my NAT settings keep popping up as Double NAT.  This issue makes it incredibly hard, and sometimes impossible, for me to join games that my friends are playing.  I know this is a HughesNet issue, and not a Xbox issue.  I have tried all of the generic ideas that people always try to throw at me, such as using an ethernet cord (no that doesn't fix it), so I'm looking for a more detailed idea.  Maybe something with bridging connections or deleting something or some actual setting change inside of my HughesNet router settings.  I've tried port mapping to no avail.  I believe the Gen5 modem is the source of the issue, and it acts like I have conflicting issues with my IP Address.  I've tried many things honestly, so please suggest a real solution or at least a good starting point.  I know I can't be the only person experiencing this, yet I can't find anything when I search these threads.

10 REPLIES 10