Adding more Hughesnet Representatives to the Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bare65
Advanced Tutor

Adding more Hughesnet Representatives to the Community

We need a few more Liz's and Amanda's here in the community..actual 'paid' HughesNet representatives that are U.S based, to help offset the horrendous phone and chat support that Hughesnet has in place.

I know that the 'cost' of adding more American based customer service reps to the community would no doubt come into question, but I think this could be easily budgeted. If nothing else, it certainly would be a well justified expense.

More and more customers are coming here to the community looking for advice and/or needing technical & account related issues resolved simply because the phone and chat support has been utterly useless.

I believe that most, if not all, customers would agree that something needs to be done.

The level of support provided here within the community, both from other customers as well as HughesNet employees such as Liz and Amanda far exceeds the level of support you will receive via phone or chat...why is that?

I think it would be in Hughesnet's best interest if this idea were to be examined more closely and implemented. I have no doubts that this would most certainly go a long way as far as how customers review Hughesnet service in general.

I think adding additional representatives would also help relieve some of the workload that Liz and Amanda deal with each week so that the level of support received here within the community continues to be the best.

12 REPLIES 12
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

You have a valid point.

They used to have 4-5 reps that where active here, now it is just Liz and Amanda. So, they seem to have actually cut back.

Both Liz and Amanda are working at coporate HQ in Germantown, so the fact that they are such a high level may be why there are so few helping here. I'm sure they are not sitting in front of their computers all day monitoring this site. Being at the level they are is why things usually get taken care of when they do get involved.

Point I'm trying to make is they are not the average CSR and the cost may actually be higher than you think to have more folks at such a high level being actively involved here.

Agree it would be nice though.

I have no doubts that the expense to keep 'corporate level' U.S based employees plays a big roll in how HughesNet conducts business.

From a business aspect, if you can hire 3 or 4 people overseas for the same amount of money it would cost you to hire a single U.S based customer service rep..then why wouldn't you right?

However, looking at it differently...the cost of hiring these 3 or 4  individuals oversea's may actually be negatively impacting the profits that hughesNet could be seeing IF they had better, U.S based, customer service reps in place. (hope that makes sense)

While it may not improve the overall service HughesNet offers (as far as speeds etc)..it would go a long way as to how a customer reviews and/or recommends HughesNet, thus leading to more sales down the road...which in turn would no doubtr offset any initial expense it would cost to hire more U.S Based CSR's

Don't get me wrong, it's not just HughesNet...as with many companies these days, especially larger corporations, providing quality customer service in general has taken a back seat. It's simply not a companies main priority anymore, as it once was...

Putting on my old corporate-level Operations hat:

If I ventured a guess this is not their main job, but a sideline effort they do in addition to their primary duties. It's likely done on their own volition as time allows. It used to be staffed with about 3 or 4 others at one time, but was trimmed down as a way to balance out initial technical costs (which were probably astronomical) and other non-recurring engineering when J2 went up.

Lower-tiered phone support is likely contracted to the lowest bidder in order to save on support costs, which is pretty standard now. It's not as effective as most people would prefer in many instances. So it's just easier and cost-effective to supplement it with something like this using volunteer resources and interns during the summer.

Again, don't know anything for a fact. Just hazarding a guess knowing how these things generally work and how I might structure it myself.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Well...if hughesnet is contracting CSR's to the lowest bidder, let me just put it out there that I'm willing to sit here and assist customers via phone and/or internet all day long for the low LOW cost of my monthly hughesnet bill, LOL! (which is approx. $68 monthly...or $2.26 per day)

p.s...no script needed, I have impeccable customer service skills (just saying, lol) and I speak fluent English....

(with a wee bit of a Scottish accent)

Unfortunatley, I no hablo espanol BUT I could probably wing it..

Lol... you really don't want a job like that. Imagine a job where all you do is listen to people's problems.

Even shrinks need shrinks after a while.

Edit: Would that be a wee Celtic accent or a wee Rangers accent?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

@MarkJFine

"Imagine a job where all you do is listen to people's problems."

That's the exact type of position I currently hold, lol...and I DON'T get paid for it.

I do know what you mean about shrinks needing shrinks though and thankfully, at the end of my day, my husband and dogs are both very  good listeners and allows me to unload my day on them. haha

p.s That would be a wee bit of the Rangers accent...but alas, its been a good number of years since I last showed my support sporting Rangers colors. We have lived in the U.S for close to 30 years now. I'm sure if I go digging, I could probably rummage up my old scarves somewhere..

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Though more reps may help, this is primarily a customer to customer support site, and the reps only get involved when they need to.  Granted, it's been much busier lately due to the speed issues, but when there isn't a major issue like this most of the questions are such that can be answered by other customers.

I'm sure once the present issue begins to smooth out the site will calm down somewhat.  It wasn't nearly this busy before the present speed issue.  

I have to agree with more mods...... I used phone and got nowhere.  Found forum and was much help.

@bare65  as far as spanish (or any other language) you might try Google Translate.  You can copy paste the question and it can translate for you.  Then you can type in your answer and copy paste it back here to them. 🙂

Val

bare65
Advanced Tutor

@val_t

@val_t wrote:
as far as spanish (or any other language) you might try Google Translate.  You can copy paste the question and it can translate for you.  Then you can type in your answer and copy paste it back here to them. 🙂

Esto es una idea buena. Por qué no pensé en esto, jaja

That's a good idea. Why didn't I think of that, haha (....I think)

Gabe, I've yet to figure out why you keep protecting a multi-BILLION dollar company that has nothing in it's best interest other than GREED.... 

For a company to give such dismal service, non existant support, and then ask it's customers too help other customers is rediculious. What world do you live in, where it's OK to treat your customers like dirt, then ask them to help others becauuse you don't want to provide support as a company to your customers. .

Man.. If I owned a company, I'd have you on the payroll. You're a heck of a loyal cheerleader... 

The Brass at Hughes arre asleep at the helm, and the plebes on the payroll are doing the rowing blindly... 

The CEO should try, just one time, calling tech support and see how screwed up his company may be.. (actually is) but I'm sure he's too worried about mushing the company  dogs across Alaska....  because, you know, IIt's more important to have a winning dog team instead of a winnning paid staff... and more important than providing a quality service to paying customers.  

Why do you care? You got no dog in this fight... or do you?

You sold me.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I speak fluent English (from England) myself, and that's the one and only language I manage to keep in my brain....Can't even handle American sometimes.

@bare65 wrote:

Well...if hughesnet is contracting CSR's to the lowest bidder, let me just put it out there that I'm willing to sit here and assist customers via phone and/or internet all day long for the low LOW cost of my monthly hughesnet bill, LOL! (which is approx. $68 monthly...or $2.26 per day)

p.s...no script needed, I have impeccable customer service skills (just saying, lol) and I speak fluent English....

(with a wee bit of a Scottish accent)

Unfortunatley, I no hablo espanol BUT I could probably wing it..