cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Already sorry

Highlighted
Freshman

Already sorry

When it took two days to get hooked up probably should have been my first warning.

I am now stuck with this "high speed" internet for 2 years. My fault, I should have called to clairfy thet one would getr to have high speed from 2am to 8 am, not turtle spped.

Just did the speed test. didn't evem make seven. 

As usual the wording online is not one that allows a person to make a true informed choice.

Well in two yers I will rip the dish off my roof and I will not hesitate to tell people just what I think of Hughsnet and their sales tackics. I had so much hope for this  company, but aleas it has already shown it true colors.

I am fortunate in that I get to go to a winter place where I do get true high speed internet. Sorry, Huughsnet, you are simply a joke of a provider.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Freshman

Re: Already sorry

Sorry, I didn't realize that this was just for support as the heading says "Thoughts on the Commuity"

If is only for support, tythen drop all the other major headings.

10 REPLIES 10
Assistant Professor

What does this have to do with this message board, or, did you just feel like posting a rant anywhere you felt like it?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Professor

The wording on the contract (available to everyone online) is clear: speeds are not guaranteed, and they depend on many factors, many of them on the subscriber's side.

You're not stuck.  Pay the ETF and go. 

For whining and ranting, join the rest of the ignorati in social media. This site is tech support, not social media. 

dragun brayed:

When it took two days to get hooked up probably should have been my first warning.

I am now stuck with this "high speed" internet for 2 years. My fault, I should have called to clairfy thet one would getr to have high speed from 2am to 8 am, not turtle spped.

Just did the speed test. didn't evem make seven. 

As usual the wording online is not one that allows a person to make a true informed choice.

Well in two yers I will rip the dish off my roof and I will not hesitate to tell people just what I think of Hughsnet and their sales tackics. I had so much hope for this  company, but aleas it has already shown it true colors.

I am fortunate in that I get to go to a winter place where I do get true high speed internet. Sorry, Huughsnet, you are simply a joke of a provider.

Freshman

Lets see, thought on Community

Okay, not much

Freshman

First never saw a contract, if you did, good for you

As for youfr reply, may as well just have kept it all to yourself.

I was saying that if people like you think tis is high speed then I truly feel sorry for you more than e.

Professor

You didn't do the research before you signed up, it seems.  You will not see a paper contract -- you are signing and agreeing to a contract by subscribing to the service -- common practice with ISPs and others. 

My speeds test just fine within and often above the promised speeds, and consistent with what is expected with satellite internet. 

Distinguished Professor IV

@dragun 

This is the HughesNet SUPPORT Community, not the HughesNet VENT Community.  If you're just looking to vent, you've succeeded.  If you feel the need to do so in the future, please do it elsewhere.  

If you're looking for help for your speed issues, please start a new topic in the Tech Support section and post your test results URL from testmy.net.  The instructions for the tests you will need to run are here.  Before running the tests, please ensure that you are not out of data and throttled.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

Sorry, I didn't realize that this was just for support as the heading says "Thoughts on the Commuity"

Distinguished Professor IV

@dragun wrote:

This section is for just what it says, as in "Thoughts on the Community".  

This Community, overall, is for support, not rants.  If you want to critique the Community in this section, do so.  If you want help with your service, ask for it in the appropriate section.  If you're just looking to vent, this community isn't the place.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

yup wecome to the worst internet mine only high speed 2/8am also dont complain trust then it gets even slower if i had another inter net service i could get i would iv had huges net for a long time went gen5 its even slower