Hughesnet Community

Deceptive sales practices, poor internet speed, regularly bad customer service and IT service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luc77
Freshman

Deceptive sales practices, poor internet speed, regularly bad customer service and IT service.

This service has been sold  o me with lies and deceptive sales practices. The promised activites are totally impossible. . I have been battling with poor/low internet speek for months now. Had several IT walking me through changes in speed on my account and it never improved. I have not been back to the speed I had the first 3 months since July of this year I even purchased the next larger package and got crap speed. Then I was promised several times by IT and CSR that a supervisor would call me and speak to me about a new technology with this company to get better service/speed for lesser money. And I never got these calls. Lies upon lies. I am thinking about suing this company for this. Who is experiencing these problems ?

2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

If you're looking for help, you should start a new topic in the Tech Support section, and the reps will need speed test results to help with speed issues.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You are on the wrong site. This site is for account and tech support, not for reviews of the service. To review your service experience, you need to go to one of the many sites on the internet set up for that purpose.

This section is a place to discuss the community itself, not the HughesNet service. The community has nothing to do with the actual service, so your post here is inappropriate. Again, find one of the many review/complain/vent sites on the internet and go there.

You have violated community terms of use by mentioning suing, and your post may be removed because of this. Also, learn how to address grievances by reading the subscriber agreement, especially the section on mandatory dispute resolution by binding arbitration (section 5). The section even includes the steps involved in the procedure. By getting an account with HughesNet you agreed to abide by this subscriber agreement.

You have never posted here .,which means you have never interacted with the HughesNet reps on this site. These reps have direct lines to techs and others in the company, so you may want to think about posting under myAccount and Billing, and clarify each of the issues you have been having by providing details. Give the reps on this site a chance to check your account and tell you next steps.

EDIT: you have actually posted here before,  but have never asked for help. All you have done is intrude on other people's threads and complained -- seems you don't really want help. All the more reason to go to complain/vent sites. 

The size of the data package you buy has nothing to do with speeds, so buying larger packages will not change whatever speed issues you may be having.