Editing with a quote added

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkJFine
Professor

Editing with a quote added

Noticed this a few times, where if you quote post you're responding to, one of two things happen:
1. Sometimes there is no "white space" at the end to add your response.

2. When adding a space between portions of a quote, anything typed gets treated as part of the quote.

Think what's happening is adding a return at the end of line just continues the style as if it were part of the quote instead of something new. As a result, anything typed looks as if it's part of the quote and becomes quite difficult for anyone other than the party who typed it to recognized it's an added (sometimes interspersed) comment or response.

Pretty sure this is something Lithium might need to fix and I'm sure their first (easiest) response would be to make quoted parts uneditable. That would be a shame, since you still would want to pare down parts of a quote to the relevant portions that you're responding to in the first place.

Subtracting from a quote should be fine, it's just adding anything new or changing it to say something different should look like it's attributable to the one responding, not the one being quoted.

Just thought I'd throw this out there, since I've seen this a number of times.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
16 REPLIES 16