How to support your customers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FuegoValley
New Poster

How to support your customers

Hey Hughes "We are doing everything possible to make sure you stay connected in this challenging time." Net

Just got your email urging me to buy more tokens, because it's TOKEN MADNESS

Last time I was grabbing one because I can't load my trading platform without one (which I've been spending more time doing since my entire industry moved remote last year and my satellite services don't qualify for remote work period) I happened upon your very helpful and not-at-all-condescending article about "Working from Home Successfully with HughesNet"

I have a few thoughts.

Firstly, most workers and students do not get to choose which software they use. It is dictated by the employer or school. I'd assume you know this, being people who work, presumably, in a combination of office and remote positons. The software you have listed are easily the least demanded applications. So that is no way helpful to anyone.  (Frankly you're lucky if your employer will hire/remote you with satellite in the first place.) 

Secondly, and this is the big one... if you were honestly commited to supporting your customers, you would do the one simple, immediate thing that would change everyone's quality of life immeasurably: RAISE THE THROTTLED BACKGROUND UNLIMITED DATA BANDWIDTH.

EVEN JUST A LITTLE. JUST ANOTHER MB OR SO.  And LOTS OF THINGS START WORKING. Home office applications, VOIP services, any entertainment streamer besides Netflix... stop timing out with even a slight improvement in overal speed. Two people being able to browse the web at reasonable speeds at the same time should not be too much to ask for what we pay you.  

And don't say you can't! We know you can, because at the top of every month, your network splits open and TEARS IT UP when every. single. customer. you. have. gets their "DATA PACKAGE." We ALL get the same blazing speeds for like 2-3 days, and demand drops, as everyone runs out of data. 

You. Have. Spare. Capacity.

Do you want to support us? Do you want trading tickers to update accurately, email attachments to come through in a less-than-terrorizing amount of time? Do you think we deserve to watch Disney+, which works perfectly at 1.5M but will not connect below 1? Do you want HughesNEt to not be the reason one person keeps dropping Zoom meetings and has to say "Sorry, I'm on HughesNet satellite. "  

Or do you just want to sell us tokens? all day long? 

Yours, at least until the fiber allegedly gets here in Q3, 

Hostage #X

19 REPLIES 19