Hughesnet Community

I can't state STRONGLY enough to AVOID this company at all costs.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sidtek

I can't state STRONGLY enough to AVOID this company at all costs.

I can't state STRONGLY enough to AVOID this company at all costs. They do NOT give 25 Mbps download speed. In the 3 weeks that I was their customer the most I could get was 1 Mbps download speed. After many hours speaking with tech support and a number of different calls with case numbers, no one could get the job done. Mind you, all their tech support is located in the Philippines. For the "privilege" of being their "customer" (victim really). I was charged a $800.00 early termination fee.

Mind you, I was given 3 whole weeks of abysmal service, wasting lots of time trying to resolve their issues. I didn't even start complaining about the tech that did the "install". If you call laying cable across the lawn an "install".

Again, be aware of the fine print. These people are CROOKS. I now fall into the ranks of very dissatisfied customers and was fined $800 to become one, on top of it.

2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@sidtek 

First, this section concerns the Community, as the section title intimates, not HughesNet's internet service.  

Secondly, many customers get at or above their plan advertised up to speeds.  I do.  So, a blanket statement like "They do NOT give 25 Mbps download speed" is untrue.  As well, it's unfortunate that it wasn't until after you cancelled that you take advantage of this Support Community, where you could have gotten help from corporate based reps who have direct access to the engineers.

Lastly, if your Early Termination Fee was $800 you must have been a Commercial account customer.   The ETF for residential customers is $400 at most, and the ETF for Voice service is $240 at most.  

Please be sure to send back the modem, power pack for the modem and the radio from the dish when you receive the return equipment kit, or you will be charged for the equipment.  

There are many satisfied HughesNet customers, including some who have been with HughesNet for years.  I've had my service since Dec 2004.  

Damian

Hello Sidtek,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread in the appropriate section and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.