Live notifications...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Live notifications...

I remember this had been discussed a while back, but I can't remember if there was ever any possibility of some type of enhancement or "fix" to the live notifications still being very difficult to read.  It's not the end of the world, as we can just look on the Notifications page, but I was just curious.

Screenshot (47).jpg

14 REPLIES 14
MarkJFine
Professor

It's likely just a css change somewhere to make the font white (#ffffff) instead of black (#000000)

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Liz

Hey guys,

Thanks for bringing this up again. I remember trying to change the color in our CSS code, but with this platform it's not as simple as that, sadly. I don't recall what happened when I asked our vendor about this. A lot has changed since then, so let me ping someone there and see what we can do about it.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Just an update, I looked through my previous cases and found the original one I submitted about changing the color. Our code is so customized that it wouldn't be as simple as editing a line, and we would have to pay them to do it for us. 😐

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

maratsade

So..... will they change the colour eventually?

Not unless we pay them to change it for us. I'll inquire to see if we can get this addressed somehow.

maratsade

Oh well. We'll live. 🙂

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

Oh well. We'll live. 🙂

Agreed.  It's not that big of a deal.  

Given the code, I'd do it for free

Edit: Can't possibly be more squirrelly than Wordpress, and I managed to write a plugin for it.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@MarkJFine wrote:

Given the code, I'd do it for free

But we're not doing it for a living. Probably was an acceptance period where such things could be changed for free, most likely over and any changes now cost more money. No matter how small.

maratsade

I may be wrong, but I think Mark's offering to do it himself if they give him the code.

@BirdDog wrote:

But we're not doing it for a living. Probably was an acceptance period where such things could be changed for free, most likely over and any changes now cost more money. No matter how small.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@maratsade wrote:

I may be wrong, but I think Mark's offering to do it himself if they give him the code.

@BirdDog wrote:

Yes, I doubt the license HughesNet has with Lithium allows that.

@BirdDog wrote:

Probably does have limits like that and I'm certain they would have 100% configuration control of the code.

maratsade

You're right, of course. 

Lol... Buddy of mine used to be the frequency manager at VOA. He wanted a new frequency management system, so I built him a trial one with lots of bells and whistles, after that it was a maintenance contract...