Social and tech disscussion topic

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Social and tech disscussion topic

I think a new topic page on the main menu page for just general chat might be good. I know there are many here who like to visit and talk about new technology in general, many times about things related to satellite and tech related subjects. Things not having any problem with but would like to have a discussion with the knowledgeable people who hang out here. Might be good to reiterate some rules though like no politics and religion in the topic explanation.

Most all tech related sites I visit have an area for general discussions among members.

Kind of a nerd hangout for HughesNet users. Smiley Wink

What you all think?

10 REPLIES 10
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Great idea, BirdDog.  An off-topic board would be nice.

GabeU

I second maratsade.  I think it's a great idea, too.  

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Good idea BirdDog!

That would go a long way in maintaining the purity of the other topics.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@Gwalk900 wrote:

Good idea BirdDog!

That would go a long way in maintaining the purity of the other topics.

That is what I was thinking. Would give us a place to discuss things without clouding other posts requesting help. Thanks for the support everyone.

Hi folks!

Sounds like a good idea, thank you for posting your suggestion, BirdDog! This week we can create a general discussion board so you can talk about things not related to support and whatnot.

After a month we'll review to see whether this new board generates enough threads and posts to warrant a permanent home in the community.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

That's a good idea. The Your Thoughts on the Community board was intended just for forum platform feedback to help us tackle community issues and make the post-launch period a better experience.

I've noticed that the number of new topics created in that board has decreased significantly, so we could convert it into a "Your Thoughts" general discussion board.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GabeU

@Liz

Anything further on this subject?  A general chit chat, discussion forum would surely be a fun and interesting thing.  

maratsade

I agree! We need a forum for off-topic posts and general chat.

Voila