This is not a community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

This is not a community.

First this is ONLY MY OPINION. This is not a communty, it is a club. When only a few have the right to post thier opinion, then no post is worth reading.

I know this will be deleted, but I don't care. This is out of hand.

Everyone needs to go back & read thier first few post.

Many of us started by ranting, then the cooler heads calmed us down. Then the help started.

Reggie

23 REPLIES 23
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Next time someone rants, you should reply to the subsctiber in the manner you suggest. 

Reggie wrote:

.In my opinion if you  & others would take a page from his book. If someone starts with a rant just reply that is available if they will calm down

Then more than one person starts to reply in a way that puts the OP on the defense. Where do you think the post  will end up. No help.

MarkJFine
Professor

I don't have a problem with opinions. Everyone has one. But as with everything there's a place for them. This forum is one of them.

That said, I have a huge problem when opinion is taken as truth, taking the place of proven facts. So much of that is going on in real life in general that I have an exceptionally low tolerance for it anymore and find it completely unacceptable. When society intentionally becomes ignorant just because it's fashionable that's a massive problem.

Just as bad, I also have a problem with unwarranted incindiary remarks that are masked as opinion. I know I've made my fair share of them in the past and that's just the NYer in me. Trust me when I say I'm becoming a lot more civil with age.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@MarkJFine wrote: 

Just as bad, I also have a problem with unwarranted incindiary remarks that are masked as opinion. I know I've made my fair share of them in the past and that's just the NYer in me. Trust me when I say I'm becoming a lot more civil with age.

Though it wasn't a rant, part of one of my very first posts on the HughesNet Community wasn't very kind.  It was on the old GetSat version.