Hughesnet Community

2 questions, billing date & usage resets (upgraded Gen 5 today)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bare65
Advanced Tutor

2 questions, billing date & usage resets (upgraded Gen 5 today)

Question #1.

Upgraded today to Gen 5 and I've been exploring the 'system control center' for this new HT2000W modem. (was previously using an HN9000)

Was just curious about the data usage resets and how long these will go on for?

I remember that we received these resets when we were first installed with Hughesnet Gen 4, but I can't remember how long they went on for.

I did noticed the Data Allowance Status chart in my system control center but I'm unsure how to 'read' the allowance resets

(screen shot below)

29 days/7 hrs/36 mins??

Untitled.png

Just since the install a few hours ago my data has reset several times already...

Believe me, I'm NOT complaining...as these resets will allow me to 'play' around with my new speeds and test them out without worrying about exceeding my usage during these first few days of fun and games lol...but I would like to know if this is going to continue for 29 more days as it appears to indicated from the chart....or does this just occur for a short period of time, if so, how long?

Again..no compalints, lol....would merely like to get a heads up so I know how many days I can 'play' before my actual data usage goes into full force.

Question # 2.

Prior to upgrading today, my bill was always generated on the 9th of each month..with payment being automatically billed to my credit card on that same day.

With this being the 20th of the month, will my bill now generate and be charged to my credit card on the 20th of each month from now on or will I continue to be billed on the 9th of each month with this first month prorated to offset the difference in days between Gen 4 (ending) and Gen 5 service (starting)?

(hope that question makes sense)

TIA..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

New Customers get 20 days of resets
HN9000 UPGRADES (Regardless of Gen4/3 status) get 20 days of resets
HT1XXX UPGRADES to Gen5 Jupiter Two do NOT get the resets.
HT1XXX UPGRADES to Gen5 Jupiter One do NOT get the resets.
HT1XXX to HT2000w Modem Upgrades do NOT get the resets.

That is what I have gathered from numerous sources.

As far as billing, your bill should continue/process on the exact same day as it always has.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15