$30 Discount for 6 months

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BGAL84
Freshman

$30 Discount for 6 months

About a year and ahalf ago, I had planned on canceling this service due to poor customer service and quite frankly very slow internet speeds.  Living in a rural community I have no other choice as this service is the best bang for the buck when it come to satellite internet.  I was offered a $30 discount for 6 months to hang on the this service, so of course I took it.  My internet speed is the 4g 10gb a month and was even given an extra 5gb a month to sweeten the deal.  My initial bill before the discount was around $77, with the discount a whopping total of $47 and some change.  This happened the first month, well the very next month and every month after that, my bill would come out saying that I owed right around $100 some odd dollars.  I would call back and explain to multiple agents as well as their "supervisors" what was going on, they would promise an additional 6 months and that the issue would be fixed the very next month.  Here it is going on almost two years since I have had the discount, in which I have had to call each and every month, in order for them to honor it.  The agents act like their doing me a favor, when they "credit" my account the charges that hughesnet charged me.  I asked them not to call it a credit but to just fix the issue that they have caused.  I am told each an every month that the issue would be resolved and this is the last 4 months that this discount will be given, as if their punishing me for their fu&* up.  I have lost countless hours on these phones calls trying to get it resolved and have fill out their multiple surveys.  Would like to see if someone on here can get this resolved....

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi BGAL84

Thank you for waiting. After investigating further I have found the following:

January 2017: $30 discount for 6 months is offered, to be a total of $180 in discounts.

Every subsequent call generally resulted in you receiving a credit from us, totaling in excess of $600 in credits. The discount amount promised was over-fulfilled by our agents providing continuous credits between May and December of 2017. Subsequent credits are in excess. I will be unable to apply any further credit to the account.

Thank you,

Amanda

View solution in original post

and on a final note, Amanda, I did not ask for any of the credits or what have you, your agents offered them to me.  So therefore, they and your company should honor what you say your going to give, that is all I am saying. For all others that dont agree with me can stick it.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19