Hughesnet Community

Account renewed without my consent

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adyer05

Account renewed without my consent

I requested a transfer of service on July 3, 2018 because I was under contract until June of 2019. I contacted Hughesnet recently because our service was down and inquired about when exactly the contract ended. I was told July, 3 2020 to which I was totally shocked! I do not recall be told that when I called to transfer service! Apparently that action upgraded me to gen 5 and renewed my contract for an additional 2 years! I do not wish to have this service any longer than originally contracted for. We have not had good service at all, in fact we have no service now as it is currently down....again, this is the 3rd time in 3 days!
2 REPLIES 2
Liz

Hi adyer05, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community!

After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Thursday, Jan 10, 2019 between 02:00 PM-05:00 PM . Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #117839385 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Regarding your contract and what happened on that call last summer, we'll investigate further for you. I'll post back once we have any updates to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi adyer05, 

Got a quick turnaround on the call review, please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!