Billing Fraud

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmathis0231
New Poster

Billing Fraud

Hey, I'm am very tired of the misuse of my information for a financial gain on your part. My bill is never due before the 18th of the month, so why is it that you guys ALWAYS take money off of my account before then? I have also been charged multiple times in the same month, this month I have paid on Feb 25, 2018 and you guys just took more money out today. If I do not get my money back by tomorrow, I will have to pursue legal action. Also I have a completely different credit card that I use and purposely put a different one on there for these reasons, but somehow you guys still manage to get a hold of my new banking information, and taking money without my authorization is a no go. If this is not resolved I want to cancel my service, and waive termination fees, simply for the fact of fraudulent billing. This is wrong.
3 REPLIES 3
bare65
Advanced Tutor

@cmathis0231

I have no doubts that @Amanda, one of our Hughesnet moderators and corporate level employees will be able to look into this for you (we only have two here in the community) and find out what is going on with these unauthorized charges, however, before you go accusing Hughesnet of 'fraud', you may want to verify that these additional charges are indeed being done by HughesNet and not some other company especially as you have mentioned that additional banking information/C/c accounts are being charged that you have not even provided HughesNet.

Hughesnet only charges that C/C or Debit Card that is currently on file...which you can also verify by via your Account Information Page under Payment Type. It will display the last 4 digits of the C/C (or debit card) that they have on file for you and this is the card that they will bill unless you, the customer, manually changes that.

You can look at your billing history by accessing your Account Information Page and then under Billing Detail Information, simply click on the Account History. This will bring up a list of charges (and credits, if any) that HughesNet has generated, along with any Payment Received information (this is payments they have received from you).

Additionally, the due date you are referring to (shown on your monthly invoice) is displayed so that those Hughesnet customers that are on an 'invoice only' billing set up know when they need to sumbit their payment by...

Unlike most customers who are on an automatic payment setup, these customers receive their bill via mail and manually pay that bill. Those customers also pay an additional $5 for this type of billing service.

For the rest of us, our credit cards/debit cards are charged on the SAME DAY the bill is generated...there is no grace period.

Liz

Hi cmathis0231,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Thank you for posting.  Bare65 covered your first concern--your bill is generated every month on the 8th. When you have your credit card on file with us, it is charged on the bill generation date. The due date of the 18th only applies if you were on invoice pay; it gives time for your mailed payment to get to us.

Regarding any unusual charges, I pulled up your billing history-- charges and payments have been consistent since last summer (kudos!), and the only bill increase I see was on the February bill, which was due to the $9 data token purchased, but that bill was only charged once. 

Other than that, your March bill has gone back to the usual monthly charge. If you're seeing any additional/questionable charges from HughesNet, please private message me your financial statement that reflects these multiple charges.

You can compare this to your HughesNet bills, which can be viewed online. Here are instructions on how to do that.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi cmathis0231,

I haven't heard back from you in a while so we'll close this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have additional concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!