Billing Theft - Fraud Investigation Claim Opened

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradn863
Sophomore

Billing Theft - Fraud Investigation Claim Opened

On 3-6-17 I paid my internet bill, which is $96.48, with my Debit Card online, like i have for the past 12 months. I receieve paper statements in the mail monthly. On 3-17-17 my card was charged in the amount of $187.96 which I DID NOT AUTHORIZE I called customer service to see about resolving the issue and had a terrible time speaking with them. Upon asking what the charge was for, I was told that I was enrolled in the auto-pay feature, which is COMPLETELY FALSE. When i set up my account 1 year ago I had to call and opt out of auto-pay, which is an extra $5 on my bill for receiving paper statements. I elected this option and phone records will verify. For the past 12 months I have been paying my bill online manually with no issues. After informing the representative that I was not enrolled in auto-pay, she asked would I like to opt out and began to explain the $5 charge on the statement for receiving paper statements. I told her that I already had that conversation a year ago and she could check my previous bills to see that I was clearly not enrolled. She still continued as if i was opting out for the first time. I asked what needed to be done to stop the payment since I DID NOT authorize it. She told me that there was nothing she could do. Let me add, the card that was used to set-up my account is not even the same financial institution that the charge was issued to. I have only had the card that was charged this $187.96 for a few months. There is no way that HughesNet could have had this card enrolled in auto-pay unless an employee manually entered my information into the auto-pay program without my consent. THIS IS THEFT!!!!! I told the representative this and she began to tell me that my phone was breaking up and I needed to find better reception. After making NO MOVEMENT at all she said that reception was better and immediately continued to tell me that the transaction could not be reversed. I reiterated that they had STOLEN money from my account and asked to speak to a supervisor. I was put on hold, and afterwards, the same person came back on the line and said that her supervisor said the same thing as her. I asked to speak with him/her and was told that their answer would not be any different. I asked again to speak to a supervisor and was told that NO ONE could help me. This made me extremely angry and I asked to be transferred to corporate, which didn't happen either. I was already aggravated with Hughes for the poor quality of service which I receive, and now I'm completely disgusted with how i am being treated. I want the entire $ 187.96 removed from my account as it is an incorrect reflection of the  balance for what is due on my account.  

15 REPLIES 15