Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colt

Billing

Due date is 19th but Hughes net takes it out on 9th what the **bleep**
11 REPLIES 11
bare65
Advanced Tutor

The due date that you see on your bill is merely for customers that are invoiced and manually pay their bill each month.

If you pay your bill, automatically, via credit card/debit card, you can disregard the due date as it is not applicable to you.

The majority of customers, (including yourself), are generally signed up with the automatic payment option. Your credit/debit cards on file is charged that day the new bill is generated each month.

If you wish to make your payment manually, you can do so by requesting, via phone, to be switched to invoice billing..be aware that you will be charged an additional $5 per month for electing this type of payment arrangement.

FYI: This is not just a HughesNet thing...

A lot of companies are electing to bill and charge their customers for services in this way (same day). I know that when AT&T merged with DirecTV, they also changed the way billing was handled and now customers are charged the same day that their bill is generated much in the same way as HughesNet does.

What you need to know, if paying bill by your Bank on bill pay. I was told by Hughes net employee it takes 10 days to be posted in their system, so if you pay on the 9 payment posted 19 by Hughes Net. Something I found out the hard way. Good Luck.🤐
tighej
Freshman

remove your credit card, you are going to get double billed.

bare65
Advanced Tutor

@tighej

You are completely wrong and once again you are jumping to conclusions on billing matters that you obviously have no knowledge about...much in the same way you did in your prveious conversation on the tech support forum.

@Colt

you will NOT be double billed...and like I've already stated, when your Hughesnet bill is issued each month, your credit card/debit card will also be charged on that same day.

This is the way it is done...simply disregard the 'due date' appearing on your bill. Again, this appears on everyone's billing but only applies to those customers who are set up on a 'non automatic' billing plan.

so the 500+ people who have claims of being double billed in the past few months.  Must be a figment of everyone imagination. 

bare65
Advanced Tutor

Let me guess...your reading some of the Hughesnet complaints on a certain agency's website.

LMAO!

You do realize that Hughesnet has over 1,000,000+ customers right? (that's a million plus people..just saying)

and you read what .....500 complaints with regards to billing issues?

That's 0.05% of HughesNet customers complaining about billing issues.

and for the record...

0.3% of TOTAL HughesNet customers have filed complaints with that agency...period.

thus the reason why HughesNet have been rated A+ and have maintained that rating for YEARS.

So while these 500 'billing' complaints may seem like a lot....when you take the time to break the numbers down....

in reality, it is a drop in the ocean.

Now why don't you run along and verify this for yourself and while your at it, check and see how many of those billing complaints were resolved to the customers satisfaction.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@tighej wrote:

remove your credit card, you are going to get double billed.

Complete and utter nonsense, as is your claim that 500+ customers have been double billed in the last few months.  

Please refrain from unconstructive, nonsense posts that help no one.  This is a support site, not your personal rant site.  

Remove the cc. Untrained or dishonest reps promise to fix billing and issue credits but it doesn't happen. I was told auto bill was only $5 a month but since this company has overdrafted my bank account 3 months in a row at $35 a pop, I'll save more money by verifying the bill before this company gets paid and refuses to make things right.
GabeU

@Clittrellwrote:
Remove the cc. Untrained or dishonest reps promise to fix billing and issue credits but it doesn't happen. I was told auto bill was only $5 a month but since this company has overdrafted my bank account 3 months in a row at $35 a pop, I'll save more money by verifying the bill before this company gets paid and refuses to make things right.

Autobilling is free.  Manual payment paper billing is $5 per month.  

Monica3

I have my Bank statement showing Hughes Net. This started at 10.30 am yesterday still not resolve spoke to John Wayne, Anne Smith, Gabriel(the ArcAngel) and others.I feel your fustration this company needs to be reported.
GabeU

@Monica3wrote:
I have my Bank statement showing Hughes Net. This started at 10.30 am yesterday still not resolve spoke to John Wayne, Anne Smith, Gabriel(the ArcAngel) and others.I feel your fustration this company needs to be reported.

That's what happens when you are billed by, or make a manual payment to, a company with which you signed up for a service.  Their name will show on the account from which you made the payment.