Cancellation Fee

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joleenc
Freshman

Cancellation Fee

I am so incredibly disappointed with Hughes Net and their customer service. We signed up for internet on December 3rd. To date I have called to complain about our service EIGHT TIMES!! Eight times in a little over a month. We can't watch a show on NetFlix without it buffering every couple of seconds and my kids can't play their XBox. Not to mention my oldest son can't do homework because his internet is CRAP. Every time I call they trouble shoot and it's fixed for a few hours and then we're back to where we were. 

I just called to cancel and they told me that I would be charged $400 to cancel. ARE  YOU KIDDING ME!?? You have records of every call I've made with the same complaint however you still feel justified in charging the cancellation fee?! Absolutely ridiculous! 

26 REPLIES 26
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@joleenc

Judging from what I found out when searching about Fortnite and Pub G on satellite internet, it doesn't look promising.  The latency is just too high with satellite internet for most real time online games, causing the issues you saw.  Some people are able to play a few real time online games with satellite internet, though they still have issues with the lag. 

As for the Hulu, again, have you tried turning off, or snoozing, the Video Data Saver? 

Okay so I can't find anywhere in Hulu to "snooze" the Video Data Saver? When I play a video and look at the settings it looks like it's set to auto (same as my NetFlix was). 

joleenc,

The Video Data Saver is a HughesNet feature, not a Hulu one. The Video Data Saver automatically adjusts data rates for streaming; if your streaming platform requires a higher speed, then you may experience buffering. Turning of the Video Data Saver may solve your buffering issues, but streaming in HD will use much more data than streaming in Standard Definition. You can find instructions on how to snooze or turn of the Video Data Saver here, https://support.hughesnet.com/faq/internet/what-is-video-data-saver or if you'd like, I can disable it for you remotely.

-Jay

Okay so I'm pretty sure I turned the data saver on...I was able to get into Hulu tonight but its buffering every few minutes and I've gotten at least 3 playback errors in a 1/2 hour. I really don't know what more to do other than to proceed with canceling...
maratsade

Joleen, you have to turn the video data saver off

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@joleenc wrote:
Okay so I'm pretty sure I turned the data saver on...I was able to get into Hulu tonight but its buffering every few minutes and I've gotten at least 3 playback errors in a 1/2 hour. I really don't know what more to do other than to proceed with canceling...

GabeU

@joleenc wrote:
Okay so I'm pretty sure I turned the data saver on...

When accessing the Video Data Saver through the HughesNet Usage Meter, it should look like the following when set properly...

In the "Video Settings" section of the Usage Meter...

Turned off altogether...

Capture.JPG

Snoozed for four hours (it might actually show nine hours in the timer after being snoozed)...

Capture1.JPG

You can also access the settings on the HughesNet My Account site on the Settings tab.