Cancellation overcharge?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevef
Junior

Cancellation overcharge?

We got HughesNet installed in 2018 December. Even if it's 2 months, we should get charged 30 dollars, at max, as the early termination part of the contract says:

"Thereafter, the amount will decrease by $15 per month for each month of active Service."

Yet they just told us that we have to pay $100 if cancel 2 months early. What is the +$70 comes from? Is that just a random number they slap at clients who leave? It should be 30, as 15+15 = 30 and not 100. Or am I the wrong in here? I don't see anything +$70 fee in the contract.

Is there any explanation for that +$70 canceling charge?

What would be fair is charging us 15+15 for having an unused emergency backup Internet and keeping us in the contract. We don't use HughesNet anymore, it could be just here for 2 months until I send it back, when the contract is over.

I hope they'll send us a really detailed instruction with pictures on what do they need back, how to get that radio thing de-installed from the dish, etc.

Is everyone else gets a +$70 charge for no reason when they leave Hughes or it would be only us? 

I kept defending Hughes for the past 2 years since I signed up, and I was planning to write the most positive review for Hughes all over GoogleReviews and other pages like that because in fact, I did like HughesNet for multiple reasons, but that +$70 really feels like a ripoff...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

ETF reduction by month

2020-11-17_16-51-02.png

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16