cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily totals from usage graph do not match service plan data graph

Highlighted
Freshman

Daily totals from usage graph do not match service plan data graph

If I total up daily usage according to the usage history graph I have used 5.8584G so far this billy cycle.  When I look at the service plan data graph it is reporting my usage as 11.3G.  I don't understand why the discrepancy?

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Daily totals from usage graph do not match service plan data graph

Could you post screenshots?

Highlighted
Freshman

09092020.JPG09082020.JPG09072020.JPG09062020.JPG09052020.JPG09042020.JPG09032020.JPGService Plan.JPG

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Simple answer is that the Down and Up totals on the right aren't correct. If you believe the usage on the 6th (a Sunday), it almost looks as if you had the modem disconnected for most of the day. Statistically speaking, Sundays see the heaviest use.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@Liz @Damian @Remy 

I think the graph might be "glitching" again.  My daily breakdown isn't matching the running total either, though from my own usage habits I know that the running total is the correct one.  Plus, the running total matches my Glasswire, or at least does for the most part, as I also update my phone, which Glasswire doesn't count.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Hi jennga,

Thanks for reaching out and posting the screenshots,this helps. I'll send this over to engineering for their insight into this. I'll post back once I have any news to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Freshman

Most likely because we werent home on Sunday- I believe the up down are and I spot checked them here http://customercare.myhughesnet.com/frmUsage.cfm based on another post.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor III

It likely has nothing to do with you being home or not. I suggest you wait until Liz comes back with a response for you. 

jennga wrote:

Most likely because we werent home on Sunday- I believe the up down are and I spot checked them here http://customercare.myhughesnet.com/frmUsage.cfm based on another post.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@jennga wrote:

That web page may very well be missing information, including hours in which the service was used, and the data used during those hours.  It can't be relied on to be accurate for Gen5, or even the Gen4 monthly refill plans, if I'm not mistaken, which is why it's no longer recommended as a site to use for monitoring data usage for those services. 

It's primarily for those on legacy plans.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Freshman

Any word here Liz?