Did you mean: 
Cristygirl
New Poster

Data Limits again

Is there a way to put a restriction on the video streaming data
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Make sure the Video Data Server is on. Also, if you stream from Amazon Prime (using their website -- their app doesn't seem to have a way to restrict the video quality), make sure the video quality is set to Good (that uses the least data).   You could also try PlayOn Cloud and download stuff during Bonus Bytes (2 am-7 am) and then play it back offline. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@Cristygirl wrote:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade

Make sure the Video Data Server is on. Also, if you stream from Amazon Prime (using their website -- their app doesn't seem to have a way to restrict the video quality), make sure the video quality is set to Good (that uses the least data).   You could also try PlayOn Cloud and download stuff during Bonus Bytes (2 am-7 am) and then play it back offline. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@Cristygirl wrote:

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Not sure exactly what you are asking.

If you mean the definition being streamed then there is the Video Data Saver option accessible through the meter. Also some streaming sites allow adjusting the definition.

If you mean restricting the amount of data a particular device can use then only a third party router can do that.

GabeU

Edit:  nt