cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage

Maximus
Freshman

Re: Data Usage

Leslie I think you are on to something.... I did a comparison with Hughesnet and 2 other services I use watching the same 1 hour Netflicks show found Hughesnet data usage to be almost double. 

HughesNet 984 Mbs

Service provider #2 435 Mbs

Service provider #3 350 Mbs

Ran the test several times all with HughesNet the winner.

I should also mention that after 2 months I have never come close to the 25/3 Mbps that are advertised.

I average 10Mbps on the down and under 2Mbps on the up.

I have tried no less than 50 Hughesnet speed tests as well as third party "testmy.net" allmuch lower than I signed on for.

Good luck I guess its Buyer beware.  

Chichi

The same thing is happening to us we us up our data in the fist 5 days of the month. I think this is a scam to make your bill higher or make you buy more data...

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Chichi

If you'd like to work on figuring out what's chewing through your data in five days, you should start a new topic, which you can do by clicking on the blue "Start a topic" button on the upper right from within the Tech Support section.  

There's no scam.  Something is using your data.  You just have to figure out what and why.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
pipernc

the status meter is down. my service is degraded. I know I have data left in my plan and  full service should be restored. I  smell a rat

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@pipernc wrote:

the status meter is down. my service is degraded. I know I have data left in my plan and  full service should be restored. I  smell a rat

If you want help, please start a new topic in Tech Support. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro