cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXTREMELY disappointed

Highlighted

EXTREMELY disappointed

EXTREMELY disappointed. I was LIED to by the sales rep for Hughesnet!! I WORK FROM HOME and I told her this several times. I tried to cancel bc she said I could so long as I did so by June 28th. When I called on June 28th I was told I could not cancel because I was 1 day late. The reason I was given is there at 31 days in May. I was specifically told I had until June 28. I WORK FROM HOME and I cannot take this service anymore!! I see that many others are having the same issues. SOMEBODY GET ME OUT OF THIS contract as I was completely misled when I signed up.
21 REPLIES 21
Assistant Professor

Re: EXTREMELY disappointed

Post a case number and one of the official reps can have the sales call reviewed to hear if you were misled. Can also post modem serial number, DO NOT post your SAN.

Excellent! I will see what I have to give them. Thanks!

Hi Kelly,

Like BirdDog mentioned, we can definitely review the call. We're sorry about all this confusion. We'll also see if we can find you by name too, but please do post a case number or the serial number from your modem just in case.

Thanks
Amanda
Alum

Hi Kelly,

We were able to pull up your account. We'll go ahead and have your sales call reviewed. Once we have more we'll let you know.

Thanks,
Chris
Alum

Hello Kelly,

I was able to have your sales call reviewed. Here were the results:

"After reviewing the call, the agent does not provide the customer with a specific date to cancel the service by.  They do inform the customer that if they wished to remove the order before installation, they could do that without penalty, but does not make the claim that the customer could cancel a month into the service."

Due to the outcome of your sales call review we can confirm that the agent you spoke to did not mention a specific date for when you could cancel. Only thing mentioned was the choice of changing your mind about the service before an installation technician was sent out to your home. You always have the freedom of cancelling. However in this instance any fees incurred would be valid. 

I am curious though, did you hear this maybe during a customer service call instead of initial sales call? Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Chris

Every time I talk to them the policy changes. Last night I talked to the most unhelpful person ever . I hung up on her I was so mad!

I feel your pain I am in the same boat, They are sorry and there should be something we could do, I checked with BBB  and they have over 1063 complaints in just the past 12 months. I just used all of my data posting this. I also work from home and need the service for work,
bgi1959
Distinguished Professor III

bgi1959,

If you are having an issue, I suggest starting a new post, explaining what the problem is, and what you have done, or have been instructed to do, if anything, to identify and rectify the problem.  You can start a new post by clicking on the "New Post" button at the top of the page. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Tutor

1063 complaints from over a million customers in one year. Hmmm, that's something like one tenth of one percent, right? Gonna need a lot more noise than that.

No matter how you write it. 0.001063 or  0.1063% or 1063 out of a million are very small numbers