cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXTREMELY disappointed

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: EXTREMELY disappointed

Not only that, but the majority of those complaints, in reality, aren't a Hughesnet problem at all, but a problem with the customer not understanding data usage, or just plain not paying attention to it and running out, etc.  There definitely are legitimate complaints, but in comparison, they are few. 

Plus rated #1 by the FCC in delivering on advertised speeds.   

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
bgi1959

Additional Complaint Information

Please be advised that due to the high volume of complaints received for this business, BBB publishes 1 out of every 20 complaints handled through our conciliation process.

Read Complaints | Definitions | BBB Complaint Process | File a Complaint against Hughes Network Systems, LLC
See Trends in Complaints on Hughes Network Systems, LLC | View Complaints Summary by Resolution Pie Chart on Hughes Network Systems, LLC

GabeU

bgi1959,

And?  That doesn't change anything.  The numbers are still the same, and the indications are still the same. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
bgi1959

Complaint Breakdown by Resolution About Complaint Details Complaint Resolution BBB  Logged (2713)                                              
The complainant verified the issue was resolved to their satisfaction. (628 complaints
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

While we are at it, let's look at Comcast

Total Complaints in 3 years: 35,940
Billing Issues: 12,417
Advertising Issues: 3702.

Government Actions:
Cali vs Comcast
State of Washington vs Comcast

Hughesnet
Total complaints in 3 years - 2713

Look even closer, in many cases, Hughesnet responds, but the complaining party never responds back to the BBB, but on the other hand, Comcast has been determined on many cases to respond, but didn't make a good faith effort to resolve the issue.

Problem?  Yeup, it's people that don't read the fine print, research, 
bgi1959

I do not have a problem with Comcast I am not paying them for service.
You are right about researching If I had done my research I would of never went
with Hughesnet. Nothing worse then someone that talks out of sides of their mouth and does not represent there services and product honestly. I purchased a router from the technician that installed my system turned out that it was bad. Hughesnet tech verified that, but I keep getting the run around when I call in and try to get it warranted. I wrote the check out to Hughesnet and it has cleared the bank. Hughesnet says it is the Company that installed the system that is  responsible
 for refunding are taking care of the warranty. The Company that installed the system says that Hughesnet is responsible for the warranty. My contract is with Hughesnet so Hughesnet needs to have some integrity and take care of the customer. After all the installer was working for and representing Hughesnet. Instead Hughesnet is dodging responsibility and will not refund the measly eighty dollars I was out for a bad router.           
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Hughes, to my knowledge, only "sells" one router. That is $99 and includes installation and connection of up to four devices. It has to be ordered at the time that the service is ordered.

Anything else is a deal between you and the installer. The installer is not a Hughes employee. He is a subcontractor and only represents Hughes to the extent of the original contracted services.
If you bought a router, after the fact, then that business is the responsible.
Also, the router must be under manufactures warranty. Have you contacted them ?

In addition what issues are you having that you relate too the router ?
bgi1959

Yes I have contacted them and They tell me that Hughsnet is reasonable for the warranty. I keep getting the runaround by Hughsnet and the installer. Since my contract is with Hughs and Hughs hired the installer instead of continually giving me phone numbers to call why doesn't Hughs take care of this. I would think since Hughes hired this subcontractor and spends a lot of money with them they should be able to place a phone call and get me my refund. I have the canceled check. Also I had a router and was told that I could not use it that I would need to purchase the one that he had.
I would think that Hughs would want to get to the bottom of this since you probably use the same contractor to do many of your installs. Instead you just tell me that it is not your problem.       
bgi1959

Yes I have contacted them and They tell me that Hughsnet is reasonable for the warranty. I keep getting the runaround by Hughsnet and the installer. Since my contract is with Hughs and Hughs hired the installer instead of continually giving me phone numbers to call why doesn't Hughs take care of this. I would think since Hughes hired this subcontractor and spends a lot of money with them they should be able to place a phone call and get me my refund. I have the canceled check. Also I had a router and was told that I could not use it that I would need to purchase the one that he had.
I would think that Hughs would want to get to the bottom of this since you probably use the same contractor to do many of your installs. Instead you just tell me that it is not your problem.       
GabeU

Many routers will work with Hughesnet.  I don't know why the installer would say that yours wouldn't work, unless it was VERY old or something. 

What is the problem that you are having with the router?