Extreme frustration with Hughesnet customer service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wally Estes
Sophomore

Extreme frustration with Hughesnet customer service

Since March 10th, I have been in contact with tech support regarding issues with my account information; I have called them 8 times and spent a total of 130 minutes on the phone with various reps.

For a number of months prior to March, I have not been receiving email notification that my invoices were being generated. As I pay with a credit card on file, neither my basic internet service nor my email service has been interrupted. I did notice that on the account information tab on the my.hughesnet.com web site, a secondary email address was being displayed instead of my primary email address. I have several secondary addresses; these are used in order to avoid spam mail. Several times, I changed the secondary email address to my primary but the system would revert back to the secondary address within a day or two.

On March 10, I first contacted customer support to see if they could change the account information to reflect my primary email address. They did and the account information reverted back to the secondary address within a day or two. This went on for four or five attempts before I requested that the situation be escalated to advanced tech support. They indicated that the issue would be escalated; I have not heard from advanced tech support on this issue.

The issue has now evolved to where I am no longer able to log into the account information tab on the my.hughesnet.com web site. I receive a “Invalid OpenID or Credentials” message. On March 31 I had two conversations with tech support totaling 71 minutes. They were unable to resolve this new issue and said it would be escalated to advance tech support. I was told to expect a call from advanced tech support within 24-48 hours. I have not been contacted.

The case numbers associated with these issues are the following: 103095639, 103172476, 103270616, and 103321165.

I would appreciate any assistance on these issues that you could provide.

82 REPLIES 82