Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely unhappy!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Extremely unhappy!

@TRH 

Just so there's no confusion, I'm only a fellow customer, not a HughesNet employee.  The only members here that actually work for HughesNet will have "Moderator" or something similar next to their name.   Liz, Amanda, Jay, Damian and Hardy are the most prominent HughesNet employees here.  They are the corporate representatives that will reply to help you.  Well, one of them will, anyway.  

With regard to what you were told by the sales person, I can't say why they said what they did.  Fortunately, though, the reps here have the ability to have the sales calls pulled and reviewed to see what the sales person said, and if they said something that isn't true, which it sounds like they may have, there may be recourse regarding the Early Termination Fee when cancelling, but only the rep can make that determination.  

With the Firestick, while some people do seem to be able to use it, others have a difficult time.  A lot of it has to do with system load, as well as the load on one's individual beam at any given time.  Some beams are much more loaded than others, and streaming, which is one of the most data intensive activities, can be negatively affected.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Trapped
New Poster

Hello all, this is my first message. I recently had to move outside of town because the place I was living in was not safe. I was a very happy Spectrum customer for years. I miss them a great deal. Service was flawless in every way. They are the complete opposite of Hughes. I never ever had a problem. If you can get service with them, do it. You won't be sorry.

Now I live in an RV park in a small travel trailer. I am a disabled senior citizen and Social Security is my only income. Many internet providers avoid customers who live in trailers, they want to service stick built homes only. Hughes was my only option. I have been lied to and hung up on more than once. Now I realize I am truly trapped.

Three days ago I paid my $74.15 and already the chart says I have used 67% of my data. I wanted to be able to do my family tree, check emails, do some shopping, listen to the radio online and read the news as I don't have a television. I also don't have a car, so I connect with the outside world via the internet. By reading this thread I've learned that last month's data was constantly being refilled. Who knew? And here I thought it was because I was being careful. When I signed up I was told that the plan I was considering would easily handle what I wanted to do because data would be compressed. Really? No.

This company is corrupt. I can't even file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, access has been blocked. It's interesting that when I called to get the corporate address to file the complaint, the Hughes rep wouldn't give it to me. I found it anyway, but it does no good.

To take advantage of people like this is wrong.

Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord. We can look forward to that. It will be spectacular.

GabeU

@Trapped 

The initial twenty days of data resets is explained in the Welcome email sent by HughesNet.  

If your data reset three days ago and you've already used 67%, something is using a lot of data, and unless you get that under control it may continue to happen.  This is satellite internet with a soft data cap, not cable internet with no data cap.  If adjustments aren't made to use the service within its means you will continually have data exhaustion issues.

The following two threads may help you...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Understanding-data-usage-data-loss-and-connection-pa...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HughesNet-Data-Management-Tips-n-Tricks-How-To-Elimi...

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Trapped
New Poster

I don't recall getting a welcome email, I remember a lot of information being given to me verbally and then a handful of papers, that was all.

Why does Hughes have so many repetitive complaints going back over a decade? Over and over, the customers cite the same issues. Why isn't the company listening and making changes? Even Consumer Reports gave you a negative rating when they did a report on internet providers. 

When Amazon begins to offer internet service, I'll gladly sign up. 

GabeU

@Trapped wrote:

I don't recall getting a welcome email, I remember a lot of information being given to me verbally and then a handful of papers, that was all.

Why does Hughes have so many repetitive complaints going back over a decade? Over and over, the customers cite the same issues. Why isn't the company listening and making changes? Even Consumer Reports gave you a negative rating when they did a report on internet providers. 

When Amazon begins to offer internet service, I'll gladly sign up. 

HughesNet sells you an internet package that includes a specific amount of high speed data.  They are not responsible for how you, or your devices, use that data, nor how quickly you use it.  If you would like help to figure out why you're using so much data, or to learn how to use less of it, please read the posts in the links provided and/or start a new topic in Tech Support.  

Trapped
New Poster

On the bright side, Hughes is an excellent example of how NOT to treat people. My contract cannot be done soon enough.

Remember, when a customer is happy she will tell her family and friends. When she is unhappy, she will tell everyone she knows.

I called Amazon and made the suggestion that they become an internet provider. Your other unhappy customers should do the same. Loss of revenue will get someone's attention. 

Having a plan makes the current suffering less painful. 

Trapped
New Poster

P.S. Due to high winds my dish needs realignment and I've read that can cause problems such as data loss. I wonder how long it will take for someone to get out here. Will my lost data be restored to me because your equipment is not stable? The data loss isn't due to my browsing habits. I forgive you for assuming it was my fault. 

GabeU

@Trapped wrote:

P.S. Due to high winds my dish needs realignment and I've read that can cause problems such as data loss. I wonder how long it will take for someone to get out here. Will my lost data be restored to me because your equipment is not stable? The data loss isn't due to my browsing habits. I forgive you for assuming it was my fault. 

Ah, so you're just here to play games.  That's good to know.  Complain about your data usage, then after a few posts it's, "By the way, my dish is out of alignment."

Good luck to you.

Edit:  And to add, I assumed that because 99% of the time that's the case, but since you already knew that you had a dish alignment issue, which can cause increased data usage because of dropped data packets, which you also knew, that's what prompted my realization that you're simply playing games. 

Trapped
New Poster

WRONG! I called customer service because of the rapidly disappearing data and the automated system told me that a service call was imminent. Then a rep had to do some digging to tell me what was going on. So, now you can apologize for making a snap judgement. As to when the issue will be resolved, only God knows. Meanwhile, this morning I got a call from a woman named Amber who told me she would connect me to customer service (at a higher level?) and LOL, of course what I heard was a recording telling me to call the toll free number. What a joke.

Trapped
New Poster

I expect a professional volunteer like you to ask questions that would help a newcomer who is struggling to get back on track. Or maybe your untrained, foreign customer service reps could do it. Instead, what we get is a royal runaround. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.