Feel like I was overcharged for my first month of Hughes internet coverage

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jessman00788
Freshman

Feel like I was overcharged for my first month of Hughes internet coverage

When I called the customer support to get internet service through them the customer support had repeatedly told me my first month's bill would be $19.95 even, with no other charges. I was charged the $19.95 on 1/25, and I had only put $20 into my bank account for the first month. Later on 2/01 I was charged an additional amount of money that is not explained, nor was I told that I would be charged again. Since I had no other funds in my banking account at the time of the unspoken, unannounced, unknown about 2nd charge. My account became overdrawn. Now my account is in the negative. I also now have $40 extra to pay out for an unannounced improper second billing for the 1st month. I would like to be compensated the $40 I have been burdened with because of the hugesnet company in my words, fraudulently charging me. I would like some answers from customer support and hopefully straighten this atrocity done unto me out. Thank you for your time
14 REPLIES 14
Jessman00788
Freshman

myAccount and Billing

1st reply to my initial statement
Jessman00788
GabeU Associate Professor

It may be for something like taxes. That's not to dismiss your displeasure with a surprise billing, but that may be what it's for.

You can sign into http://my.hughesnet.com/myaccount and click on My Bill, then click on the invoice in question in Invoice History to see what the bill was for. Also, while viewing the invoice in the popup window, if you scroll down to the bottom, you can click on View Site Details on the bottom left and it will show you a complete breakdown of every single charge on that invoice.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Just to add, normally you only receive one bill each month, but this may just be playing "catch up" with your first one.

My reply to the other individuals reply to my initial post

My reply to the initial reply from the individuals reply to my initial post
Jessman00788
Jessman00788 New Member
an hour ago
Re: MyAccount & Billing
That does not encourage me more in the slightest in this company, and tax will not be charged to a bill 5 days later. Tax is to tacked onto the amount of funds that are being taxed. Nor should any of the other "explanations" that would make any inclination of some sense, especially after being repeated over and over to by the sales person that the first month in its entirety would only be the $19.95. until the second billing cycle which with no surprise is substantially higher than the sales woman had told me I would be charged one solid amount. Not this higher amount that I have for billing. A very improper to run a company. If you can't help undo this injustice then I will be inclined to speak with an employee higher up in the company. Thank you

GabeU Associate Professor
an hour ago
Re: Billing
Sorry, but I can't "help undo this injustice" as I'm not an employee. I'm a customer, like you, and was only giving possibilities of what the charge could be.

Employees will have a label next to their name, like Mod, to indicate that they are employees. They're on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, though it can take them a day or two to reply. I'm sure they'll help you.

Hughes employees I expect a reply from your company. Anyone with the slightest inclination of a brain or the knowledge of how to run a company, would constantly view many upset customers all with similar to the same issues not stop think see the pattern and resolve the billing issues once and for all. Maybe I'm just dumb though. Oh wait no, I'm clinically diagnosed as a high functioning genius, so I do know that I am right. If I see the sketchyness im almost certain anyone else would have no problem as well. Thank you
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

My first reply was NOT to you, as you've tried to make look through selective editing.  It was to the originator of the topic, which was NOT you

Being that you're "clinically diagnosed as a high functioning genius" you should know better than to lie when the evidence is right there that shows otherwise.  

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/myAccount-and-Billing/Billing/m-p/96597/highlight/true#M5448

Yea I was already quite clear on being able to gather. Hence the reason I put it all in one thread. I've also gathered that it'd pretty sketchy that you claim to not be employed by hugesnet. For the fact that you defend the company quite frequently and put your two cents in on just about every post that says fraud in it or problem with billing or what have you. You seem to be what you would call a cooler employed by hugesnet
GabeU

How original.  You can attempt to critique me all you want, but there's one thing that I don't do in this Community, and that's lie.  It's too bad you can't say the same.  

Capture.JPG

The actual reply, and notice who it's to....not you.  

Capture1.JPG

I have accomplished the world now, I have officially came across the world's biggest loser. Son you are one major piece of work. Sayin how I critique your stuff. Well are you deaf as well? Am well aware that is what you are doing to me. As the saying goes the smeller the feller so the accuser the doer. Son you need to grow up. But judging from your character, I highly feel that, that is an impossible goal for you in this lifetime. So childish the way you go about talking to people as well as being a major butt face by trying to make a big deal out of nothing. ie. Losing yourind because a person comments on the wrong post. Now son that sounds like a three year olds mentality and attitude. I must congratulate you for showing me first hand how this country and this world have gone down hill. Gotta have everything your way, newsflash this isn't burger King. Thats not exactly how life goes in the real world. It's people that act like is the reason that there are so many problems in this world. Y'all just still wanna act like children and pretend this is still recess. Haha so ridiculous I have absolutely saw it all now.

By the way since you are so obviously unaware of your actions, you do lie I've saw it first hand. Now technically for your information, what I did was not lie it is called grouping my posts together so they are more easily followed and comprehended. Mistakes happen, get use to it, it's called life. Once a reply or anything for that matter is said or done at the wrong place or time, once it's done it's done. You can't stop something that has already went out on the world wide web once a person realizes a mistake was made. Apparently you have broken the code and can never make any mistakes and if you were to you must have knowledge of stopping data from making its trip through the world wide web. I must say very impressive son.

@Jessman00788

Being that you have been clinically diagnosed as a high functioning genius, I'm sure I don't have to explain to you what the term "burning your bridges" mean...but in the event your IQ isn't as high as your claiming it is, let me explain..

Ya see...this support community is made up of 99.9% customers, and only a few actual HughesNet employees (less than 3 that I know off)

When you start running your mouth off and start calling other customers on here "world biggest loser" and/or accusing them of lying, you sir, are burning your bridges....meaning anytime you come to this community looking for help in the future, whether it be due to billing issues, or technical issues, you will be IGNORED by those very same customers, who otherwise may of been able to help you.

@GabeUwas merely trying to help you, from one customer to another and I think, at the very least, you own him an apology.

Let me explain something to you. I couldn't care about some dumb virtual internet community comprised of tons of that I don't know nor have a care in the world for. Must be a very crappy internet company if they expect their customers to handle other customers questions and concerns, for one a customer is not a certified Network associate for two, they are customers whom are not employed by hugesnet or any of its affiliates. When I have a problem with service I want to be talking to a company employed professional not some nobody. It's called they need to hire more employees to handle their influx of problems, complaints, and concerns. This job should fall onto and only onto hugesnet. As far as burning bridges. Son we never had a bridge I never a bridge with you as I never wanted you a customers help. I cherished soaking this so-called bridge with gasoline and watching the weak and decrepit bridge to the stagnant waters below. As I had reached out with my billing issue I was not looking for a customer to talk to or attempt to undertake trying solve the issue. As for any community I don't trust nor care about hardly anyone in said community unless I'm related to or on a friendly or acquainted basis. So yes I am still very happy and thus satisfied with my actions that I took. Thank you very much.

I will not stoop down and give a fake apology to someone that does not need nor deserve it, as I was not in search of his or therefore any other customers help nor did I ask for so don't worry about me giving a darn about being ignored. That is exactly what I want from customers. I was looking for assistance from a certified hugesnet rep and only a hugesnet rep. These Ppl including you and him are nothing to me especially not part of any sort of community that I would ever have the slightest desire to be a part of

Wow! You obviously really do have some very serious 'issues' that need to be dealt with..way more than this simple billing dispute that you have brought to this community's attention.

Good luck to you..

GabeU

@bare65

Ya gotta love people that feel the need to say things like "I'm clinically diagnosed as a high functioning genius" and act as if they are superior to everyone.

Butt face?  The smeller the feller so the accuser the doer?  Is that the way "high functioning geniuses" talk these days?  I must have missed something.  😛  

bare65
Advanced Tutor

@GabeU

I have no doubts that the OP has been 'clinically diagnosed' with something..I'm fairly confident though that it wasn't 'genius'. LMAO!

I thoroughly enjoyed being referred to as 'son' though...

GabeU

@bare65wrote:

@GabeU

I have no doubts that the OP has been 'clinically diagnosed' with something..I'm fairly confident though that it wasn't 'genius'. LMAO!

I thoroughly enjoyed being referred to as 'son' though...

I caught that.  😛