Frustration with billing and this company

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JL72
Freshman

Frustration with billing and this company

I am so frustrated with this comany Im not even sure what to do about it. I had two accounts with Hughesnet. We soon discovered having two was just really a waste and we cut it down to one. I then got charged a 320.00 unreturned equipment fee as i couldnt get the radio off my roof. After speaking with customer service i was told they could send a tech which would cost me 125.00. In my mind i figured i might as well so i could get the whole 320 back again. The guy who came out took down the radio and in doing so also disconnected our active one! So after an hour on hold with Hughesnet they told me they would send another tech out to get the live account up and running again but because no one would be home it couldnt be until Saturday which meant i was going a whole week with no internet. Hughesnet agreed to refund me the 125.00 fee for my trouble. I noticed in my account i now had a negative balance of 225.00 (i looked in the notes and saw they also gave me 100.00 inconvenience credit which i thought was nice. 

Fast forward 2 weeks.I now have my internet back up and running and i have packaged up the small radio and the transmitter and sent them back in the box they provided. I go online and not only do i still see no credit for the returned equipment but now instead of a -225.00 account balance i have a 125.00 pending charge. 

I called several times regarding my returned equipment. I was told they got one piece (modem) and not another (radio)!!! How do you prove everything was sent other than to say "why would i pay someone to come out and take it down if i wasnt going to send it back?". Finally after many calls they agree to manually receive the equipment and i was told to call back in 48 hours, given a case number and told that in 48 hours i can request the refund for the 320.00. Well as im sure you can imagine this did not go so easy. I just got off the phone with them after being on hold back and forth for an hour over this!!! The lady says they processed the refund but wanted me to be aware of the 125.00 pending charge that will come out of that. Upon researching this she tells me its for the technician call!!! WHAT??? I then try to explain that this was supposed to be a refund and the whole story. Another 20 minutes on hold she comes back and sees i was being refunded this fee and apologizes saying i no longer have a pending charge. Well ..hmmm i still have a pending charge (its 140 but only because i had to pay 15.00 for data tokens this morning) and the lady on the customer service chat tells me that she shows i have a 291.00 credit. WHAT? Where did that figure come from??? No one can explain but i have a feeling im never going to see the acutal 320 refund and if i do ill never see the 125 credit becuase now instead of having a negative balanc of 125 they are going to tell me they are taking it out of something else. Im so frustrated and i feel like no one has any clue what they are doing over there. I hate being like this but im so angry and none of this makes any sense.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jay

JL72, 

Thank you for reaching out! After taking a look at the history of your account, this is what I've found:

• 10/18/2019 - You were charged $382.04 
    • This was for your two unreturned equipment fees as well as your bill for the month

• 11/18/2019 - You were charged $168.54
    • $100 (not including tax) was charged for the de-install fee and the remaining amount was for your bill

• 11/18.2019 - You were credited $225
    • $100 should have been for the de-install fee.
    • The $125 credit was applied as the agent thought it was a standard dispatch, not a de-install

• 12/11/2019 - Both credits were removed; however, there are no notes detailing why

• 12/16/2019 - You were credited $431.04
    • $325 for the Unreturned Equipment Fee
    • $106.04 for the De-Install

The unbilled amount on the account is for an upcoming dispatch charge of $125 and the tokens you purchased. I will be crediting your account for the $125 to even that out, so in total, you will have $431.04 of credits on the account to account. These credits account for the de-install fee and unreturned equipment fees that you have paid.

Please let me know if you have any questions concerning your credits.

Thank you,

Jay

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13