Gen 4 data vs Gen 5 data

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dragonheart23
New Poster

Gen 4 data vs Gen 5 data

Why is it that gen5 has a package of 50g for $99.00... but gen4 highest package is only 20g for $169.00
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

The 20/50 plan is $129.99 + Lease ($9.99 or $15.00 depending on modem) + Taxes, if it costs anymore than that it's because you have additional services on your bill.

As far as the difference in costs, the new satellite that was recently launched has offered Hughes a chance to offer better service plans like the 50/50 plan, where it wasn't originally available.

If you want the 50/50 plan, you are going to have to upgrade service.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

The only service available now is Gen5.  Gen4 packages are no longer being offered.  

With that said, I've NEVER seen a Gen4 20GB package at a price that high.  Is this through a local dealer? 

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Not to stir the pot but Gen4 Ultra  50/50 plan at $89.99 here.

It is all relative, simply depends on time you sign up and what is available. My plan is considered "grandfathered" now so if I switched I would lose it for eternity. How it works, no different from cell phone providers, which satellite Internet is very similar to.

My provider is Hughsnet... I pay 169 a month for 20g for month and 50g from 2am till 8 am

@Dragonheart23 wrote:
My provider is Hughsnet... I pay 169 a month for 20g for month and 50g from 2am till 8 am

Um, point is you're getting ripped off at that price if what you say is true. Are you with a reseller, third party contracter?

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@Dragonheart23 wrote:

Have you checked your account for a breakdown of charges?

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

The 20/50 plan is $129.99 + Lease ($9.99 or $15.00 depending on modem) + Taxes, if it costs anymore than that it's because you have additional services on your bill.

As far as the difference in costs, the new satellite that was recently launched has offered Hughes a chance to offer better service plans like the 50/50 plan, where it wasn't originally available.

If you want the 50/50 plan, you are going to have to upgrade service.