Hughesnet Community

HN9000 equipment does not need to be returned?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcollison251
Sophomore

HN9000 equipment does not need to be returned?

Case# 103926294

I was able to cancel Hughesnet today because I found out I had DSL in my area this whole time (with fiber being installed next month), and I must say this is one of the happiest days in my life.

The rep told me that my HN9000 equipment does not need to be returned.  Can I get some confirmation that this is, in fact, true?  In my 5-1/2 years with Hughesnet I have read MANY horror stories about fees for "lost" equipment returns and such. 

So I was all prepared to take photos of my packed-up box with a video of it being sealed up and everything as proof.  Now instead, all I'm left with is trusting the verbal claim of some representative that I shouldn't worry about it at all. 

Also, the rep assured me I'd be receiving a confirmation email (which I have not received), but just last week Liz posted a reply saying they don't even send out email confirmation of cancellations.  What's the straight dope?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello jcollison251,

Great question! We are no longer asking for HN9000 equipment to be returned when cancelling service. We do still require the modem to be returned when they are being replaced with a new one. So no, you do not need to return it and you will not receive a box to return it. 

Thank you,

Amanda

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11