Hughesnet Community

Hughesnet/Suppliers do not work together at my expense

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrewallen

Hughesnet/Suppliers do not work together at my expense

We signed up for Hughesnet because the supplying company told us that we could buy the equipment outright and not be locked into a contract.  Fiber Optic internet was going to be coming through our area and we wanted to be able to cancel Hughesnet when that happened without penalty.  When we tried to cancel they told us that we were in a 24 month contract.  This is not what we signed up for.  I re-called the supplier that we purchased through and they again reiterated that if you buy the equipment outright that you are not in a contract.  They told us that they would contact Hughesnet.  This issue is still not resolved as Hughesnet would not work with the supplier company.  There is a huge gap in communication if this company and its suppliers cannot work together.  I would not recommend working with Hughesnet.  It would have been cheaper for us to have leased the equipment and paid the cancellation fee rather than to have bought the equipment outright and then still have to pay the cancellation fee.  Currently the supplier company owner is doing what he can to work with Hughesnet but still no resolution.  I am not impressed. 

19 REPLIES 19