Hughesnet Community

I feel like I was taken advantage of!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charlotte Bruns

I feel like I was taken advantage of!

I am not happy with my service at all. Had I been told before I signed up that you can only use 1/2 of what you pay for I never would have gotten hughesnet. I was not told that you can only use 1/2 during the day. So I now pay for 2 times what I can use. I feel it is unfair and dishonest the way I was suckered into this and am now stuck paying for services I will not be able to use. If there were another option I would not have hughesnet as my service and I will NOT recommend it to anyone else. If you pay for 20g you should be able to use it all at anytime. I pay for it why do you have the right to limit me? I should have been told this before I agreed to use hughesnet. I am one unhappy customer not that hughesnet will care at all but at least I have put it out there. Maybe someone at some point will care.
3 REPLIES 3
Liz

Hi Charlotte,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with the service, we want to address your concerns; we do care. Please post a case number or the serial number located on the bottom of your modem so we can pull up your account and request a copy of your sales call for review.

Our senior VP of sales and marketing, Mike Cook, explained to our community why we have the Bonus Bytes feature in our service plans: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/gen_4_service_plan?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D...

If you have additional questions, please let us know, we're happy to help.

Thanks,
Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Ricky
Tutor

Is it just me or is the link recently posted by a HughesNet Mod NOT working?
Liz

Hi Ricky, 

Thanks for pointing that out. The forum seems to be undergoing a service update right now, so we have intermittent functionality. I'll try fixing the link.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!