cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want out of my contract without the fees

I want out of my contract without the fees

This is by far the worst company I have had to deal with. I am constantly paying about $140 a month so I can have internet for two weeks! Also, a $340 cancellation fee?! How is this company still in business?! I am so disatisfied with my service, I want out of my contract immediately! I am filing a complaint with BBB.
7 REPLIES 7

Re: I want out of my contract without the fees

Hello Nicole,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. We, like all other companies who use contracts, have an early termination fee in place which decreases in size the longer you are a customer. We recommend taking advantage of the 30 day trial period to see if our service is the right fit for your needs. Concerning your internet connection - when you do not have service, is it due to a complete loss of connection or has your anytime data been depleted? We have been able to locate your account and I have just quickly ran some diagnostics. It looks like your equipment is fully functional and there is still a lot of bandwidth available on your account. On your bill however we do see there was a recent purchase of three (3)  2GB Tokens that were posted to your last bill, which is what caused it to jump over your normal service charges.

If bandwidth is a concern, we may be able to alleviate the need to purchase tokens by moving you up to a plan that can fit your needs.

Thank you
Amanda

I understand there are extra tokens on my account, it is an easy concept to understand. The cancellation fee is almost as much as I pay each month. That is crazy. I wish i would have checked reviews before getting service. Thanks for nothing, can't wait to cancel!

i also hate your company you all are a joke you need to go out of business really your company is no good an your reps are rude i wont away from your company also if i knew what i know now i would never have went with your company

Nicole,

Please let us know if there is an issue with your connection that we can address, perhaps a visit from a technician or a service plan change. We're always standing by to help you.

Thank you
Amanda

"If bandwidth is a concern, we may be able to alleviate the need to purchase tokens by moving you up to a plan that can fit your needs"

You mean we must pay MORE money--and still be stuck with outrageous temination fees when we move to a location Hughes does not provide service?  Yes, don't do me any favors!  That's unacceptable!.

"Please let us know if there is an issue with your connection that we can address, perhaps a visit from a technician or a service plan change. We're always standing by to help you."

Amanda, do you speak and comprehend English?  What has a connection to do with Nicole's valid complaint that, "The cancellation fee is almost as much as she pays each month?"  Why do none of your answers address your customer's complaints?  Are you in an alternate dimension or what?

And PLEASE DO NOT offer to "move us to a higher plan" which will rip us off for MORE money each month while not lowering the outrageous termination fee.  We don't want to pay such outrageous termination fees combined with outrageous monthly fees.  Lower one or the other--anything else is extortion and unacceptable.

ATT gave me UNLIMITED monthly data for $41/mo and NO SERVICE CONTRACT.  But because we have no alternative company--you take advantage of your customers and charge exhorbitant fees for less data and more termination fees!  This is the USA not some communistic nation with a monopoly on internet service!  Whatever happened to capitolism and competion..

And your accounting dept refused to give me its number so that I could call and pay you  directly.

What's up with that?

Good morning Bridget,

You are most certainly welcome to call us by phone at 1-866-347-3292, with an automated option to pay or speak to a live representative if you choose.

Thank you,
Amanda