I want to CANCEL

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjmarshall
Sophomore

I want to CANCEL

I am so sick of this service. It is the slowest internet I have ever used. At this point, I would be better off using the library's internet. I was told by the sales rep that I could totally stream TV and continue what I had been doing with my old service. In fact, it would be faster, more reliable, and I would have plenty of data. None of that is true. I have had two reps out here to check things, multiple phone calls to customer service and running connectivity, my issues were "escalated" to some department, but I have yet to receive a call from them. This is junk and I could not be more disappointed. My last call, the rep took money off my bill.... and yet it doesn't appear to actually be discounted. I want out of this junk service ASAP. I will never recommend anyone to use it, in fact, at this point, I will tell everyone I know to avoid HN like the plague.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi tjmarshall,

C0RR0SIVE is correct - you will receive a box with instructions and a prepaid label to return the modem, powercord and radio transmitter. The box will automatically ship out the day after your account is terminated in the billing system (day after the billing cycle ends) and you'll have 45 days to return the equipment. I can provide a tracking number for the outgoing box and the tracking number for your return will already be on your label, so you can just take a photo or write it down. I can set a calendar reminder for 40 days out from your billing cycle end to remind me to go in and check to see if the equipment is marked as received so we can catch any charges ahead of time. 

Thanks

Amanda

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32

Hi Tjmarshall, I'm sorry to hear you are going through a tough time and I'd be happy to help make things easier. Please let me know if you'd like an immediate cancellation or would prefer the service be shut off at the end of your billing cycle. Thank you, Amanda

Thank you both for your concern. Will I be charged a cancellation fee?

Hi tjmarshall - you will not be charged a termination fee. ~Amanda

Great! Thank you for your assistance and for working to find a good solution. I would like it cancelled at the end of the billing cycle. Will this next bill be my last? Or will I receive a final bill?

Thanks Again!

Also- Since this service was relatively new, do I need to send anything back to Hughes? Or does someone come pick anything up?

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

You are billed at the start of a cycle if I remember correctly, so I want to say you have already paid your final bill, and your service will terminate on the last day of this cycle.

At the end of your service period, Hughesnet will send out a box, there will be a prepaid shipping label in it.  You will need to place the HT2000w, power brick, and the radio located on the arm of the dish in the box, and send it back with in 45 days.  Failure to do so, can result in fees for failure to return the equipment.

In the event that something may happen to the package (while not common, they can get lost) you may want to take note of the tracking number that's on the prepaid return label and report here should you accidently be charged unreturned equipment fees.

Hi tjmarshall,

C0RR0SIVE is correct - you will receive a box with instructions and a prepaid label to return the modem, powercord and radio transmitter. The box will automatically ship out the day after your account is terminated in the billing system (day after the billing cycle ends) and you'll have 45 days to return the equipment. I can provide a tracking number for the outgoing box and the tracking number for your return will already be on your label, so you can just take a photo or write it down. I can set a calendar reminder for 40 days out from your billing cycle end to remind me to go in and check to see if the equipment is marked as received so we can catch any charges ahead of time. 

Thanks

Amanda

Great! thanks!!

Hello tjmarshall,

I just wanted to check in since today is the day your account is cancelled. You have a $0.00 balance and the return kit has already generated. A tracking number has not been added to the account yet, but generally arrive with in 2 days.  Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Amanda

I would like to keep the service active until Friday, May 4th, when I will be moving.
Thank you,
Debbie Bierbower
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@debsplace69wrote:
I would like to keep the service active until Friday, May 4th, when I will be moving.
Thank you,
Debbie Bierbower

Different name?  

Hi @debsplace69 - I don't see that you have a thread anywhere, but the cancellation occurring here is for another customer. If you need assistance please feel free to create a new post for yourself so that we can help.

Thank you,

Amanda