cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to cancel my service

New Poster

Re: I want to cancel my service

HughesNet is like "the Hotel California" without the lovely place. You can cancel but never be able to leave (unless you want to spend a huge sum of money (my termination fee was supposedly $572). No explanation as to what it was made up of (I thought $400 was max) or a copy of the contract or calls. I could call them another 20 times and get the same runaround, I'm sure. I've had HughesNet twice (should have learned the first time), and I have yet to have a good experience ... with anything.  Good luck! 

Distinguished Professor IV

@LakinL2 

The ETF for residential internet subscribers starts at $400 for the first 90 days after activation, then lessens by $15 per month thereafter.  For HughesNet Voice, it's $10 times the number of months left of the 24 month commitment.  

https://legal.hughesnet.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm

Business subscribers have a different ETF structure.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

What is the business exaggerated fee schedule? Even $400 is not reasonable. Who else in the industry can charge that or actually receives that kind of money for someone canceling? If I had had anything better than dial-up speed, I'd still be with HughesNet. It wasn't worth the time, hasstle, phone calls and so forth. 

Distinguished Professor I

Have you already cancelled your account?

LakinL2 wrote:

I'd still be with HughesNet. It wasn't worth the time, hasstle, phone calls and so forth. 

Distinguished Professor IV

@LakinL2 wrote:

What is the business exaggerated fee schedule? Even $400 is not reasonable. Who else in the industry can charge that or actually receives that kind of money for someone canceling? If I had had anything better than dial-up speed, I'd still be with HughesNet. It wasn't worth the time, hasstle, phone calls and so forth. 

Posting such info only for the purpose of ridicule is pointless.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Distinguished Professor I

" Who else in the industry can charge that or actually receives that kind of money for someone canceling? "

Verizon, Mediacom, Frontier......