cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install question

Assistant Professor

Re: Install question

I'd be very shocked if even 1 out of a 1000 installers ever use a torque wrench. I'm also talking about the bolt on the mount.
Honorary Alumnus

You mean you don't just "twist'em down" until the lock washer is flat ?

That method really raises havoc with the aim however.

Get the thing peaked real nice and the lose it when doing the "final tighten"  Smiley Happy

I am sure Alan's guys are good about this, but he also seems to run a tight ship Smiley Happy

Maybe they are intuitive and can sense the amount needed with their feelers??

Amanda
Honorary Alumnus

Hi Amanda !  we thought you guys were all gone and off drinking green Beer

Hey Gwalk,

No, but I am pinching everyone who is not wearing green. Beware!
Associate Professor

If I could sense how tight bolts are when I am rebuilding an engine, I would be in heaven, and very rich.  No more buying torque wrenches and angel gauges when they fail.  Of course we are talking of two entirely different amounts of pressure.
Associate Professor

If I could sense how tight bolts are when I am rebuilding an engine, I would be in heaven, and very rich.  No more buying torque wrenches and angel gauges when they fail.  Of course we are talking of two entirely different amounts of pressure.
Honorary Alumnus

I seem to remember when working in the dyno buildup room at Sealed Power that GM would get a little PO'd if you didn't use a torque wrench on their experimental engines.

(it was a real shame to have to take a sledge hammer to those new beauties at the end of an experimental run)

Assistant Professor

Amanda, maybe this guy?

Associate Professor