Hughesnet Community

Misled by sells rep about set up fees

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerryandrea

Misled by sells rep about set up fees

Hello. I became a Direct TV customer a week ago, and was offered Internet with Hughes Net. I was told it would only be $99 and I would be billed for the rest later. I asked if I could call back, as I needed to discuss this with my Husband. A few days later I called back and asked to sign up with Hughes Net, as long as the $99 offer was still in effect. I was told yes, and I reconfirmed 2 to 3 more times with the CS Rep, that the charge would only be $99. He replied yes, all times. My CC was charged $257.98. I contacted Hughes Net and was given a break down of the charges. The CS Rep waived the monthly Equipment Fee of $9.99 for six months. That was very nice of her and I appreciate that, but I was honest with her in that a $158.98 difference was more than I can afford right now. She recommended I use this site and stated that they would be able to listen to the recorded message and assist me further. I would not have signed up if I had been told the correct amount and this has caused me a financial hardship. I hope you can assist me further as I now cannot afford to pay my Direct TV bill.
16 REPLIES 16