My bill

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ilovemyhorses
Freshman

My bill

Can anyone explain to me in me layman's terms about the lease charge?
7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

It's a monthly rental fee (edit: unless they've changed this,  the lease period is  24 months).  Edit 2: looks like the lease is for as long as you subscribe, unless you purchase the equipment up front. (They lease it because they own it, in the same manner that someone who owns a house leases/rents it to you for a monthly fee.)

GabeU

Like maratsade said, it's the rental charge for the equipment.  This includes the dish and the modem.   

The monthly lease fee will be in effect for as long as you have the Gen5 service, though if a newer service is eventually offered and you upgrade to that, that service may have its own lease fee.  Only those who have purchased their equipment up front have no lease fee.

Thanks for replying in depth. They try and get u any way they can with fees apparently. I don't get rental fees with dish. Thank u for ur input.
maratsade

You can avoid the rental fee by purchasing the equipment up front. You may want to read this thread about lease v. purchase:  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Products-and-Plans/Gen5-Equipment-Lease-Vs-Buy-considerations/m-p...

We actually have had hughes net for over 10+ years, but I recently took over payin for it. If I had known this. I would have just purchased. It's a little late now since another internet is tryin to come into our area whom is cheaper. When it does, we will be switching. Thank u for ur help. It has been greatly appreciated.
maratsade

Oh, right, that wouldn't make sense in your circumstances. I hope the new ISP arrives soon! Good luck, and stay safe. 

Thank u and u too.