Hughesnet Community

Need assistance in cancelling my account within 30 day "grace period" without ETF, please respond.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shjeng
Freshman

Need assistance in cancelling my account within 30 day "grace period" without ETF, please respond.

Hello,

I signed up for Hughesnet, with the sales rep. on 8/5/17.  I told the sales rep. that I needed a strong/fast enough bandwidth that will allow live streaming of Directv Now.  She said Hughesnet was meant for this.  So the  system was installed the next day.  From the first day until now, the bandwidth is not strong/fast enough.  It would take 2 minutes for each channel to load its content, which makes "channel surfing" impossible.  And when the show does finally play, it would either freeze every few minutes from having to buffer, or the quality of the picture was below HD quality (because of the weak/slow bandwidth), or BOTH.  At this point, it has been 11 days of horibble television watching.  There was misrepresentation in the inducement into this service agreement.  I have read from this community support postings that there is no Early Termination Fee (ETF) if cancelled within 30 days and equipment is returned timely.  Thus, someone please respond and let me know how to proceed with this "cancellation with no ETF" process.  Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10