New plan price, but no extra data

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pete_Vit
Senior

New plan price, but no extra data

IIRC my new 20G plan was to increase to 30G in March this year, my bill did increase but my data still shows 20G data plan, what's up with that ?

Q2: when I do finally move to another provider for internet and phone, can I just call customer service?

does the equipment need to be returned, and finally can I port my existing phone # to the new provider?

thanks

Carmen Vitullo
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The letter gives specific dates. 

"On [specific date] your HughesNet 20 GB Service Plan will transition to our new 30 GB plan."

Check the letter for that specific date. That's when the plan will transition. If that date has passed and your plan hasn't transitioned, the reps can check for you, but you should verify the date first. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade

IIRC my new 20G plan was to increase to 30G in March this year, my bill did increase but my data still shows 20G data plan, what's up with that ?

What does the letter you received say?

Q2: when I do finally move to another provider for internet and phone, can I just call customer service?

You can call customer service with any provider, including HughesNet.

does the equipment need to be returned, and finally can I port my existing phone # to the new provider?

Yes,  you need to return the modem and the radio from the satellite dish. You will get a pre-labeled box to do that. You will need to ask your new provider about porting your phone number.

my letter said my plan will increase to 30G, and my bill will increase 5 dollars in March

Carmen Vitullo
maratsade

The letter gives specific dates. 

"On [specific date] your HughesNet 20 GB Service Plan will transition to our new 30 GB plan."

Check the letter for that specific date. That's when the plan will transition. If that date has passed and your plan hasn't transitioned, the reps can check for you, but you should verify the date first.