Hughesnet Community

Not being able to speak with someone on the phone that speaks understandable English.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bsueb777
New Poster

Not being able to speak with someone on the phone that speaks understandable English.

I have enjoyed Hugh’s net for almost three years. But, because philopino phone support is so unhelpful, it has caused me to give up Hugh’s net altogether. I only called to have my service moved and was mislead into excepting something that I did not want and did not ask for. When I immediately called to cancel everything I was told that was impossible by another Philippine person and hung up on. Sent back the equipment but being billed for it. I had recommended Hugh’s net to friends and now I am contacting them to say run, run the other way.
4 REPLIES 4
Amanda

Hello bsueb777,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I've located your account and will review the history to get a better idea of what is going on.  Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thank you,

Amanda

Thank you Amanda. I started this problem by just wanting to move my service next door. Was told that upgrade would only add one year to my contract. Then I received an email saying that I agreed to a two year contract. Called back to cancel within a few minutes to cancel because of being lied to and mislead. Again I spoke with Asian voice that did not understand me, nor I him. He did manage to get across that it was uncancelable. Then he hung up on me.

While on spring break with grandchildren UPS left Hugh’s net package in the yard and getting rained on for days. I did not open package. I took it to the local UPS service and had it returned. Now Hugh’s net has a collection service saying that I owe 577.00 dollars. This is crazy. And I have not spoken to an American yet that works for Hugh’s net.

Hi bsueb77,

That is correct, your renewal term was only one year. Our order e-mail must be incorrect and I will pass this information on to our billing team to investigate. The person you talked to after placing the order (Byron from Monterrey, MX) explained the same, that the term was only one year despite the time frame provided in the e-mail. You then informed him you just didn't want the Gen5 service and wanted to cancel the service in December. Before the call was over, the agent asked if you needed anything else and you informed him you needed to pay your bill. He provided instructions on how the new automated payment method works over the phone and while he was getting ready to set that up, you informed him you would call back and you both said goodbye to each other. 

Since we never received a call from you after that to pay the bill and did not receive the payment through any other method, the account has been past due since March 2018. Because of this the account was locked on 5/5/18. Accounts locked for this reason are immediately billed unreturned equipment fees and the early termination fee. If the account is brought current then the equipment and termination fees would both be removed. To be thorough I do want to add that UPS leaving your box outdoor and it not being brought inside is not part of any of these fees you are being billed by HughesNet. 

Thank you,

Amanda

After speaking with Bryan I called back to cancel the order deciding that his verbal assurance was not backed up in a corrected email. The Asian young man said that the order could not be canceled and hung up. Too bad that Hugh’s net failed to record my request for cancellation. None the less, Amanda, I sent the ups delivery back and do not owe Hugh’s net for it. Odd that Hugh’s net is not owning up to that fact either. Sad that Hugh’s net representatives say one thing on the phone and then email something different. Is it too much to ask for a second email that gives correct information. And now I know that Hugh’s net is not an honorable company to do business with. And, what is wrong with hiring good ole Americans that live in the USA. If Hugh’s net can’t support us, the people who use your service and pay your fees, I will encourage everyone that I know to use their social media accounts to let the public know about Hugh’s net’s lack of loyalty to Americans who need the employment and taxes paid to the USA, that is being diverted to other country’s that in no way benefit Americans.