Hughesnet Community

Not honoring their own payment arrangement

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shawna

Not honoring their own payment arrangement

I agreed to a certain amount and signed up for automatic payments. Hughsnet took almost TWICE the payment and when I called they told me something COMPLETELY different from the prior agent. They will not refund my money and will not let me out of the contract without payment. I have had SLOW internet and have had to change my streaming resolution due to the terrible service hughesnet provides. I have had nothing but problems since I signed up.
4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The Hughesnet staff will be back tomorrow and will be around 9-5.  They'll check your account and sort this out for you.  Just give them some time to investigate what's going on. 

@Shawna wrote:
I agreed to a certain amount and signed up for automatic payments. Hughsnet took almost TWICE the payment and when I called they told me something COMPLETELY different from the prior agent. They will not refund my money and will not let me out of the contract without payment. I have had SLOW internet and have had to change my streaming resolution due to the terrible service hughesnet provides. I have had nothing but problems since I signed up.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Shawna wrote:

Did you snooze (or turn off) the Video Data Saver?

Amanda

Hi Shawna,

Welcome to our community and thank you for reaching out to us here. I was able to review your account and see that the extra charges were due to a service plan upgrade prorated charge. It looks like our agents offered a price match and because of the point in the billing cycle where this was ordered, only one month's price match discount was applied instead of one month + prorated portion. 

I do see that you've cancelled your service since then, but if you are still open to trying another month or two, I can get that price match balanced back out for you.  Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Amanda

Amanda

Hi Shawna,

We did not hear back from you so this thread will be closed. If you need further assistance please feel free to create a new post.

Thanks,

Amanda