cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Billing Practices and customer service

Re: Poor Billing Practices and customer service

Mine was auto deducted this month too, usually I get the message and go pay it. And since being a finalist in the photo contest I'm supposed to receive free internet for a year, but they billed me. I sent an email with my case number, haven't heard back
New Poster

You know I dont even think thats its legal to debit someones account before the Due Date
Alum

All,

Thanks for bringing this up for consideration. From the viewpoint of the invoice, let me say that I do understand the confusion, so allow me to explain.

The "issue date" on the invoice you receive is the date of commission or the date determined of your choice for payment. HughesNet will collect electronic payments or print invoices for mailing on this day. The "due date" marks the end of the 10 day grace period for payment due. Once it has passed the due date, it will be flagged for collections.

As long as you understand that the date commissioned or whatever date you choose for your payment date, will be assigned to your bill as the "issue date". We will attempt to collect from this date up until the "due date" for payment.

I hope this clears this up. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

-Warren
Alum

Hi Sarah,

First, Congrats on the Photo contest!
To answer your post here, you were correct on winning the free internet service for a year, but that only included for the service charge, not your lease fee for the equipment, or the state taxes that might apply.

You shouldn't have been charged, but If you were charged for your full service fee,  please call Customer Care to dispute: 866-347-3292.

Please let us know if there are any other additional questions.

- Warren
New Poster

I understand that, but why does the customer get popup windows every time they open their browser until the actual due date when in reality its not due? and this only happens to the customers that are setup on autopay everyone else is not interrupted until the Due date,  
New Poster

I know your going to say that its only suppose to popup 1 time a day but thats not the case it will popup every time you close and reopen the browser. 
New Poster

Im not picking on you Warren this has been a thorn in my side every since it happened to me when my 2nd payment auto debited on the date the bill was generated and I called CS and after 3 reps and 1 supervisor they finally figured why it was happening and I had them prorate my account to move the date my bill was generated on to the day that they were suppose to trying to debit my account and over the years Ive been with Hughes I have seen time and time again where a customer was on here wondering why their account was overdrawn when the bill was not due for 10 more days.
New Poster

So its not FREE for the year, I could understand the state tax but not the equipment lease
New Poster

wait a minute thats not right because I told them the date I wanted my payment due on ( the 3rd ) of every month and thats what my bill showed as the DUE date but the tried to debit my card 10 days before that

I agree with Charles, I do almost all of my bills online and quite a few are direct debit and they all pull on the due date not the issue date and I always have a chance to review the bill. And there is no "service charge" if I want to pay it on my own. I think you need to get a new billing system this one is definitely a fail.