Hughesnet Community

Poor service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kwarnercota

Poor service

I do not feel like I should be charged for a termination fee based upon the service and price that I have been paying.  I feel like my termination fee should be waved since I was a customer and have been dealing with poor service since 2017.  The price was extremety too high for the data and I ran out of data too often! When I upgraded to try a better service plan about a year prior I told them I did not want to do an extended service agreement based upon the inconsistency of the service.  

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Satellite internet is more expensive than terrestrial internet --the technology is much more expensive to develop and maintain, so even if you don't like the price, it's not going away, and your only choice is to cancel service. If you are under contract, you will have an early termination fee to pay as well, whether you feel it's right or not. 

The HN staff on this site can work with you to help you maximize your internet experience, and you may also want to learn how to budget your data allowance, as the amount of data is capped, which is also due to the limitations of the technology. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

kwarnercota wrote:

I do not feel like I should be charged for a termination fee based upon the service and price that I have been paying.  I feel like my termination fee should be waved since I was a customer and have been dealing with poor service since 2017.  The price was extremety too high for the data and I ran out of data too often! When I upgraded to try a better service plan about a year prior I told them I did not want to do an extended service agreement based upon the inconsistency of the service.  

GabeU

@kwarnercota 

The following thread may help you to save data...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HughesNet-Data-Management-Tips-n-Tricks-How-To-Elimi...

Satellite internet is the most expensive internet, per capita, to provide, so it's not cheap.  The satellite only has so much capacity, and that capacity has to be divided amongst all users.  So, the amount of high speed data you get for your money isn't a lot.  Signing up for a service that has a set amount of high speed data, then exhausting that allotment of high speed data before the end of the service month, isn't HughesNet's fault, nor is it "poor service", and it's highly unlikely that HughesNet is going to find it a valid reason for waiving the Early Termination Fee.  

amyashworth

I agree. We run out after 2 weeks and don’t even use it much. I’m looking fur a company to buy out my contract and frankly I will tell anyone who listens what a total ripoff this is. I’m tired of hearing my husband complain TO MEaboyt the sucky service because I was duped into signing up for a two year freaking contract for this garbage.
GabeU

@amyashworth wrote:
I agree. We run out after 2 weeks and don’t even use it much. I’m looking fur a company to buy out my contract and frankly I will tell anyone who listens what a total ripoff this is. I’m tired of hearing my husband complain TO MEaboyt the sucky service because I was duped into signing up for a two year freaking contract for this garbage.

HughesNet is a rip off because you exhaust all of your high speed data in two weeks? 

If you fill your vehicle's gas tank and it's supposed to last a week, but you then drive all over and run out in three days, do you blame your vehicle's manufacturer?  The gas station?  

It might behoove you to learn how to conserve data.

amyashworth

I agree. We run out after 2 weeks and don’t even use it much. I’m looking for a company to buy out my contract and frankly I will tell anyone who listens what a total ripoff this is. I’m tired of hearing my husband complain TO ME about the sucky service because I was duped into signing up for a two year freaking contract for this garbage.
maratsade

Maybe your husband complains because you never bothered to do research before signing up for the service. If you had, you would've known its limitations and would have made intelligent choices. Blaming a company for what's your fault, really?

Do you also complain about the bank when you run out of money because you spent more than what you have? 

Shame on you.   

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

amyashworth wrote:
I agree. We run out after 2 weeks and don’t even use it much. I’m looking for a company to buy out my contract and frankly I will tell anyone who listens what a total ripoff this is. I’m tired of hearing my husband complain TO ME about the sucky service because I was duped into signing up for a two year freaking contract for this garbage.