Hughesnet Community

Raise rate before contract is done each month have to keep calling to get credit. Raising rate

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lilly1

Raise rate before contract is done each month have to keep calling to get credit. Raising rate

Raise rate before contract is done. Going to charge 20.00 per month more
7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Did you get a notice in the mail or email about this? 

The Hughesnet reps are here M-F from 9-5 approximately, so they will address your issue next week. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@Lilly1 wrote:
Raise rate before contract is done. Going to charge 20.00 per month more

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Normally, when your bill goes up like this, it's due to either the initial plan discount ending, or a different discount ending.  The plan discounts when someone signs up are normally for 12 or 24 months.  Other types of discounts last however long they're said to, whether it be three months, six months, twelve months, etc.  

I'm sure a rep will clarify what's going on.  

My 1st bill was $20 higher than the initial. Plus they said there were no usage caps or contract which I'm finding out may have been a big fat lie

My 1st bill was $20 higher than the initial payment
Liz

Good morning Lilian,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. We can certainly address your concerns, and actually GabeU got it correct. Your $20 x 12 month discount expired, so that's why your bill went up over the summer (since you initially signed on with us in June 2017). The MSRP for the 20 GB plan ($69.99) you're on never increased, that is what is locked for your 2 year contract.

If you would like to view such details on your bill, please log into the Support Center: http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com and follow the instructions here: http://hninfo.us/viewbill

To get to the breakdown of your bill, open the bill and click the "View Site Details" link in the bottom left corner. You might have to click the "Print" button to view the detailed bill via the print preview screen.

Hope that clears things up!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

well my bill is 130 a month now 

Hi samrick,

Thanks for posting. Same thing happened in your case, as I'm reading from your notes. Our phone rep also explained to you that the discount you had expired, hence the change in bill. As I posted above for Lilly, you can check your own bill online to view and understand your monthly bill.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!